1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who is Rick Warren, really?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then if you know for a fact that it's a lie, there's no need for me to provide proof. So as I said, believe what you wish. It won't change the truth just because the clique is too lazy to look stuff up for themselves.

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

All this reminds me of something my Uncle Elmer once said, "An elephant can walk through your Living room and you don't have to see it". Now he's the one who also told me to turn the other cheek. I did and got the other fist.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He said YOKE. And if you need a definition, ask Bill Clinton. He's good at defining words.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Maybe webdog needs to get you to define "get together" and then the two of you can compare it to what Rick Warren does at his "get togethers".

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now stand in front of a mirror and repeat that.

You've got eyes and fingers. Find it.

Is that a confession from you?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:laugh: That's right. You don't have to see it but the tell-tell signs are there. And it doesn't make it any less factual that the elephant had been there just because you didn't see it.:thumbsup:

Were you smaller than he was? :laugh: If so, he better be glad. :laugh:

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

my a droid changed the spelling...I know what it means, but wanted his understanding since he thinks common goals is just that (its not).

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Summary of thread:

Video presented which made several charges against Pastor Rick Warren

Charges were refuted by multiple people.

Thread deteriorated.

Lets consider the charges:

1) The purpose driven life omits the gospel. Rebuttal, the five purposes of God for our lives is a revamped presentation of the Gospel.

2) Pastor Warren's message is not convicting. Rebuttal, many more lives are being changed in many churches because of the use of revamped outreach efforts.

3) Pastor Rick does not preach repentance. Rebuttal, Biblical repentance based on careful study of scripture is preached by Pastor Rick.

4) Rick Warren points out salvation is not based on works such as sufficient doctrinal knowledge, and therefore rejects the old "stop smoking and memorize the Roman Road, then give yourself to Christ" heresy. No rebuttal necessary, see Matthew 7. Jesus does not ask if we are pre-trib.

5) Pastor Warren has destroyed the Evangelical Movement. Rebuttal, Rick has opened a new avenue to reach the world.

9. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Annsni..

C'mon Ann. You know better that.

I clearly posted earlier that in normal circumstanses we should be as friendly and and kind to them as anyone else.

It is joining up with SATANIC false religions and cults... IN MINISTRY...that is the problem.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep she knows all too well what you were saying. But they've got to make a point that they're right now and that what you're saying is wrong.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And here is just another example of why I don't personally waste my time linking or explaining anything for the clique.

As you show you don't really have any true interest in what he was saying. You just want more fodder to show why you think he's wrong and you're right.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

No, its called teaching and admonishing one another. Its in the Bible. Open one.

The illustration of yoking is meant to show two animals connected going in the same direction, down the same path. One doesn't have to be yoked to share same interests and common goals.

#112 webdog, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2012
  13. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

OK, I started this thread and wished I had not. I didn't mean for it to turn ugly. Please both sides of the issue..calm down.

It is obvious I don't care for the Purpose Driven (anything) because I did see it hurt a lot of close Christian friends. This doesn't mean PD methods ruin every church it is tried in. I've heard some good responses in here that pick out portions of the PD method to incooporate in their church--that seems fine.

My grip is with who and what Warren associates himself and seems to promote. He has rubbed elbows with New Agers, Mystics, Muslims, Catholics and LGBTQIQ people in a noble effort. While doing so Rick seems to turn away from the gospel to keep this big tent going. This to me is dangerous and paints a picture that he endorses all sorts of anti-Christian agendas. There is a lot of factual data in the video that shows he endorses false teachers. Just look at the many books by heretics that he signs the forward. There is much smoke swirling around the Muslim issue (Kings Way)that Warren has failed to answer satisfactorally.

Most people claim we who criticize Warren state we do so because we are jealous of his success. Not true for me. Success has many definitions..

There are too many solid ministries that warn about Warren and his pragmatic approaches for it to be just jealousy. I just wanted to pass along information for Christian Brothers and Sisters to be better informed of. I don't feel Rick is heretical so please stop the attacks in here from both sides.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me do the heavy lifting for you...

http://tinyurl.com/dywm7xz

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can you claim he endorses false teachers...then say he is not heretical? Both cannot be true. You passively aggressively make these kind of claims. Philanthropy is not turning away from the Gospel as you are erroneously equating it. It is a fulfillment of the Gospel. I wonder how many churches wouldn't take a monetary offering from an atheist or Muslim. I'm betting none.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man that ain't teaching. That's you trying to make yourself look bigger just like you always do. You'd already made up your mind that he was wrong according to your post so there was no need for his definition. You and the clique do the same thing REPEATEDLY so that you can make a point.

I'm sure that everyone is well versed on what yoking is.. And you're right, one doesn't have to be yoked to share the same interests and common goals.

As such, there is NO reason for Rick Warren to yoke Christianity to these false religions for ANY reason.

17. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

He endorses books by McLaren and other Emergent leaders that are false..if you want to call that false, you can. I call it endorsing a false teacher. I didn't say Philanthropy is turning from the gospel, I said he SEEMS to turn away from the gospel to keep his social programs going. Please be careful at the words you use dog.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

19. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So now you are a seer? Who brought the stones...

...and back to our regularly scheduled program: Non Sequitur...

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Well said.:applause:

I think a lot of folks who make that claim believe that folks care about his fame and money and the size of his congregation.

If he is expanding God's Kingdom, then I hope Saddleback covers the state of California. Couldn't care less about his fortune and fame.

Another issue with Rick Warren is that when I hear his name, it often times is attached to an endeavor that seems to make his name and his causes greater while the name of Christ appears( at least to me often times) to be left behind.

There's no jealousy. There are the same sorts of issues with Rick Warren that people started to see over the years with Oprah and her "pragmatic" approaches.

Thank you for the insightful information. I for one will be passing it on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.