1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who is your fav preacher?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Kayla, Mar 10, 2004.

1. heaven

heaven New Member

well australia has awsome preaachers two greta ones are jurghne mathesis and James macpherson!!!!!!!!

Australia [​IMG]

2. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope Lester Roloff is not allowed to sing in heaven. </font>[/QUOTE]He will be [​IMG]
    and the great thing is, not only him but me as well ...will be good to hit the right note for a change.

Remember one of my kids leaning over to me and saying "dad, please don't sing this one ... we like it"

Part of thr beuty of heaven/new earth is that all things will be made perfect.

Regards
    Bob

3. Jessers

Jessers New Member

I like no evangelists/preachers on radio or TV. I support my home pastor. [​IMG]

4. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

My dad!
    John MaCarthur
    RC Sproul Sr.
    Steve Farrar

5. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 3:4-5 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal? Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

6. Baptistgal

Baptistgal New Member

Isn't it nice that we can talk together about different preachers we like without being guilty of claiming "I am of so and so" and having a fight about it?

Yay!

I like my own preacher, Dean Noonan, and my own husband Rich Chamblee.

7. IdahoLabs

IdahoLabs New Member

I listened to Paul Chappel, John Gotesch...not sure I have those last names spelled right...from West Coast Baptist College and they were very moving preachers. Excellent preaching - I'd say some of the best I've ever heard.

Others I like-
    Joe Mark
    Dwight Smith
    Gary Gillmore (was saved under his preaching)
    Rod Hall
    David Bouler
    Lee Roberson
    Mike Haxton

...there's many more that aren't coming to mind right now but are also excellent preachers. I can't say as I have a favorite; the Lord uses them all to touch me in different ways.

=======
    A Good Reputation:
    Hard to Get
    Difficult to Maintain
    Easy to Lose

8. DeclareHim

DeclareHim New Member

I really enjoy Dr. David Jeremiah, Adrian Rogers, Ralph Sexton Jr., Greg Laurie, and my favorite Chuck Swindoll.

9. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

#1 Jesus

#2 David Jeremiah

10. jRich

jRich New Member

As for preachers, I assume you mean all of 'em (like preachers, evangelists, missionaries, all those 'kinds')

Pastors: Robert Reeise
    Evangelists: Tom Farrell, Rich Tozour
    Missionaries: Jerry Wilhite (South Africa), Jeff Bush (Argentina), Bob Dayton (Nicaragua), Chuck Phelps (Papua New Guinea), Don Davis (ret., Falkland Islands)
    Other: Ravi Zacharias, Bro. Ovi (college student)

11. hactonv

hactonv New Member

Other than our new Pastor Steve Root (who was my high school principal)
    Going to youth confrences (in Santa Clara Cal.) and attending Hyles-Anderson College...
    Dr. Schaap - of course!
    Bro. Robby Roberson
    Dr. Lee Roberson
    The best teacher'preacher at Hyles-Anderson inmy eyes was Dr. Cowling... He is so intelligent, that when he speaks he has to think to put it at your level! So he always has to tell a couple jokes...and his sermons!!! They were always awesome!
    But I'd have to say the # 1 preacher in the world would have to be...
    The one who gets out on time so Dinner isn't cold when you get home!!!

12. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

I think the best preacher ever not to brag but he is better than any preacher in the world!!! (just kidding)

but seriously Ray Comfort is an awesome man of God. And God has used him in powerful ways.

To hear messages by Ray Comfort go to this website

www.livingwaters.com , and www.wayofthemaster.com

way of the mast just click high speed or low speed than pull your mouse over tools and look for free audio and listen.

These messages will be such an encouragment to you i promise. God bless .

Oh and 1 more preacher is is awesome Pastor Malcom Carter he is my pastor and a true man of God. To hear his messages go to this website.

http://www.templebaptistcullman.com/

13. jewelsinhercrown

jewelsinhercrown New Member

I love to hear Johnny Pope preach!

Hey! I happen to like the way Lester Roloff sings!:smilewinkgrin: I know he would never win a Dove award, but that is not necessarily a bad thing! At least he gave it his all, and made a "joyful noise unto the Lord"!

For my favorite preacher right now, it has to be my pastor, Dr. Johnny Pope! He is amazing! His sermons are always energetic, and they are steeped in God's Word. No matter how long they are (oops. . . :eek: . . . I'm not complaining!:thumbs: ), I never get bored or sleepy. We always get lots of practice finding the Scripture passage to follow along.

14. patrick

patrick New Member

Since I am a student minister and this is the youth forum. I will list my fave youth speakers:

Dave edwards
    Doug Fields
    Lou giglio
    Scott Dawson
    These are just a few good ones. If your youth ever have a chance to hear, make sure they jump on it!!!

15. Servent

Servent Member

Evangelists Malcolm Ellis

16. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wayne Claybough
    Bill Keller
    I am not sure if Bill Pearce is a preacher, but I enjoy listening to NightSounds when I can.
    Faithgirl

17. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

Stewart Bennett
    Lester Roloff
    Larry Brown
    Bob Gray
    Jack Hyles
    Jack Schaap
    Rick Sparks
    Bob Hooker
    Ray Young
    Chris Tefft
    Pete Cowling
    Mike Fish
    Freddy DeAnda
    Kurt Skelly
    Dave Douglass
    Rocco Dapice
    Tom Wallace
    Mike Haynes

If I think of anymore, I'll put the names down.:thumbs:

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

RE: Favorite preacher

My favorite preacher is anyone who preaches the WORD of God. But if I have to limit it, my favorite is a man who has been deceased for over twenty years now, Wayne Herald, Sr. When I was a young boy, I would listen to him every chance I could get. He used to preach at our family cemetary every year. I would play with other kids until I heard him start preaching. I then got a seat as close as I could get to the shed that they preached under and listen to him. Brother Bob is another one I truly love to hear. He has a true blessing in preaching, as well as singing!!