1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who will win the US Open?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Jun 13, 2005.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

The US Open Championship starts Thursday. Who has the best chance of winning?

I don't think it will be Tiger or Phil, though they both should finnish strong. Perhaps Retif Goosen again, or Ernie Els who is about due for another major win.

It would be nice to see Padraig Harrington win a major some time soon as well.

Should be exciting one way or the other though, especially since its being held at Pinehurst again.

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

ESPN says that Tiger has the best chance of winning. I guess in their mind, anytime Tiger Woods shows up to play he has the best chance of winning.

If he does win, one can be sure that there will be a flood of sports writers saying the word "grand slam".

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Whats going on out there at Pinehurst? Retief Gossen is the leader and he is only 3 under par! These guys are struggling just to make par.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The course has played really hard. I have enjoyed watching that J. Gore play, what is he ranked like 880th? I hope he wins it.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I agree. Thats what I love about opens- you can have a no name guy possibly win. I hope Gore wins too! The final round ought to be interesting.

Thoes greens at Pinehurst are unbelievable. I can't imagine what my score would be if I played there, only that it would be horrible.