1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who's Number 4?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Alcott, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We can presume that Michigan, Washington, and Florida State are the going to be the top 3 in the College Football Playoffs, as all are 12-0 and conference champions in the "top 5" conferences. But who will be #4 in the 4-team playoffs?

Texas?
    Alabama?
    Ohio State?
    Georgia?

Each team has one loss, and Texas and Alabama are top 5 conference champs. What is your criteria?

I will not bother with a poll, because the ratings will be announced tomorrow afternoon.

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ll go with Georgia…….because Georgia. Not really who I’d like to play as a Michigan fan though, assuming Michigan moves to #1.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, they really bucked FSU. I didn't imagine they would snub a top 5 conference champion wirh a 12-0 record, even if they were having to use a #3 QB. I think they were afraid of snubbing the SEC. But they wouldn't put Alabama in and leave out another conference champ that had beaten them. Meanwhile, FSU v. Georgia is a hard one to predict. A team that is 'relegated' down a bowl often does not play that well. But in this case, BOTH teams are disappointed with their bowl.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After the TCU disaster in the finals last season, the CFP Committee did not want a repeat with Michigan being up 20 points at halftime in the semifinals this season.

Next season with 12 teams in the playoffs there will be no room for complaining.

In other news, my alma mater, Harding University, has made it to the semifinals in Division II. The Bisons will host Lenoir-Rhyne of the South Atlantic Conference next Saturday in Searcy, Arkansas.

5. Piper

Piper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha, NO FLORIDA STATE. Bah Humbug!!!!!