1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whose House is Being Saved by Obama?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by preachinjesus, Feb 1, 2011.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/01/real_estate/hamp_modifications/index.htm?hpt=Sbin

This is a pretty concise article talking about the loan modification program led by the current administration.

While I hope the sniping at the current administration will be kept to a minimum...lol I know, what am I thinking?...I did find this paragraph to be compelling.

This really shows us where much of the economic failure came from...people living way beyond their means and being able to secure huge amounts of credit with little to no income backing.

And the sad thing is nothing has changed. Anyone of us could walk into a bank right now, give them minimum income verification, and walk out with a loan for a large house.

2. targus

targus New Member

In the example above the payment with taxes and insurance most likely be 50% of their net pay each month.

That is insane !!

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney. These kind of faulty(if not phony) conclusions are exactly what will lead lenders and buyers righ back down the same road.

Anyone with any experience at mortgage lending can tell you they simply overbought.
    They were likely only one missed paycheck away form default from the word go.

I know many people who have lost their jobs and managed to keep up payments until they could secure new employment. Me included. But I never bought a home that the loan principal was more than two and a half times my annual income,

And none of the people I know who kept up their payments were one missed paycheck away from default, either.

#3 carpro, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It shouldn't have been more than 30%.