1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are christians judged according to their works?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Feb 20, 2007.

1. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

You create these ridiculous scenarios, completely wasting your time. Someone needs to stand toe-to-toe with you, face-to-face, with a few biblical truths. You are just spinning your wheels.

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

xdisciplex it is better not to try to even understand man's doctrine. God has blessed you to see some things in Scripture that really trouble some in Christendom. The key is studying the Truth and knowing Truth well enough that you see the fraud when it comes forth.

God has made it abundantly clear in His word that if we think we are going to enjoy all this world has to offer and then enjoy all the next age has to offer He says we are deceived. If we are disobedient, unfaithful and non-overcoming we will not just lose a potential reward.

3. His Blood Spoke My Name

xdx,
    If you have followed J.Jumps posts in the past, his idea of positive rewards for the bad is to be cast into hell for 1000 years... which is unscriptural. Stay away from that false theology.

Nowhere in the Word of God does it say that a Child of God will spend a thousand years. It just cannot be produced without first twisting the Word to say what it does not.

The term 'a thousand years' can only be found 9 times in the Word of God and of those 9 times, not one of them mention the Child of God spending time in hell.

Steer clear of the false teaching, it will mess you up more than you seem to be at present.

4. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Oh more of your senseless tactics. I'm surprised you didn't throw in heretic or heretical while you were at it :)

I love how you folks just want people to believe you just because you type something in and tell them it's wrong. See that's what's wrong with Christendom . . . for far too long people have been told to take the "teacher's" word for truth or they have been too lazy to do otherwise.

Why you think something is true just because you type it I don't know, but one would hope that people are smart enough not to fall for that. Unfortunately far too many times we still see people falling for this.

Matter of fact I had a good friend that fell for it. It just breaks my heart. You know it would be one thing for someone to actually "study" through the material and say I don't believe it, but just to take someone's word that it is incorrect without first studying the matter out well . . .

xdisciplex some of God's Word is tough to handle. Some of God's Word is milk and easy to digest, but as we grow and mature the more intense the digestion process and the more work that is involved. Some of God's Word can be tough to handle, but we don't have to hide from it. We don't have to run from it. We don't have to change it or twist it as some have accused me. We just have to take what it says and adjust our lives accordingly, and in the end we will hear well done thou good and faithful servant.

5. amity

amity New Member

Here is one I haven't seen. As usual, I thought it was what most everyone believed...

We are judged according to our works, all sinners and to be condemned on that basis. Then those of us who are in Christ have His righteousness imputed to us and are saved.

6. His Blood Spoke My Name

You type in text that the Child of God will spend 1000 years in hell, which cannot be found anywhere in the Word of God. So it is not I typing in text that which is wrong.

7. His Blood Spoke My Name

I have the book The Rod: Will God Spare It by Joey Faust sitting in front of me on my desk.

I have studied it extensively and can honestly say it is hogwash.

In chapter 6, Negative Rewards At The Judgment Seat, we see Faust's false doctrine coming to an ugly head.

He claims that the terror of the Lord is toward Christians at the JSOC who somehow did not meet Christ's requirements to enter the Kingdom.

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Yet, the Word of God clearly shows the terror toward non believers when the entire Scripture is given.

[FONT=&quot]2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences. [/FONT]

Paul was not saying we persuade other believers, but men who needed to know the Lord before they faced that terror.

There is absolutely no way a Child of God will ever spend one moment in hell. Proof text?

1 John 3:2 (KJV) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

If the Child of God will be like Christ, who is perfect, and sinless... then it stands to reason that the Child of God at the very moment he sees His Lord and Savior, will be as perfect and sinless as Christ is. There is no need for that Child to go to hell for any amount of time for a purging as Joey Faust, Zane Hodges, Dillow, Jump, Evans or any other may claim.

If you can prove this wrong using Scripture, then do it.

8. His Blood Spoke My Name

Here is another excerpt from the book 'The Rod: Will God Spare It' by Joey Faust.

Every Christian has eternal life as a possession. Yet, every Christian will not experience eternal life until after the millennium. Faithful, overcoming saints will experience eternal life at the judgment seat before the millennium. Unfaithful Christians (at the judgment seat) will not experience eternal life until the last day at the Great White Throne (after the millennium). Therefore the goal of every Christian should be to win eternal life a thousand years earlier (The Rod, p. 405).

Excuse me? Christians will not stand before the Great White Throne. That judgment is for the unsaved.

Apparently Mr Faust has no idea what a Christian is.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Amen. This is the craziest doctrine I've ever seen. If a Christian were to spend one minute in hell, then "it is not finished" and Christ's atonement was not sufficient.

10. amity

amity New Member

Is there scripture for that belief?

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A thorough study of Rev.20:10-15 indicates as such. It is a judgement reserved only for the unsaved.

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

In this one verse alone, the "dead" referred to here, are the spiritually dead, the unsaved. They are the ones that are standing before God, the Great Judge, and being judged according to those things that are written in their books. It is their names that will not be found written in the Lamb's book of life (verse 15). There is no evidence of any believer being present.

12. His Blood Spoke My Name

Believers are judged 1000 years prior at the JSOC and found to be righteous because they are clothed in His Righteousness

The rest of the dead lived not again until after the 1000 years. Then, they are raised, and judged.

No need for another judgment of Believers.

#32 His Blood Spoke My Name, Feb 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007
  13. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

You will have to do better than that. Prove your ASSERTION that no Christians are at the GWT judgment. The context says "whosoever" was not found.... etc. It does NOT say only unbelievers were not found.

So the onus is on you my friend. PROVE with Scripture IN CONTEXT your assertion.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. The orginal purpose of it was that it was prepared for the devil and his followers.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

2. As Christ said it is the devil, the beast, and the false prophet that are cast into this place:

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

3. Likewise, in the same manner, all who do not have their names written in the Lamb's Book of Life will be cast into the Lake of Fire (and those are the unsaved.

Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

4. It is the spiritually dead that stand before God awaiting their final sentence. Where do they come from: From Hell itself. From the dead (the second resurrection)

Revelation 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    --The dead are the spiritually dead--the unsaved.

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    --Hell will cease to exist. It and its inhabitants will now be cast into the Lake of Fire, along with all those who will rise from the dead; all the unsaved from since the creation of the world. A resurrection speaks of a body. In some way it will be an immortal body existing in the eternal flames of fire, separated for all eternity from God.

1Cor.3:11-15 speaks of the judgement of Believers. The judgement of beleivers has already been done and over with one thousand years earlier. It would be redundant for the believers to be present at this one also. There are two resurrections: one for the just and one for the unjust. Jesus taught that.

John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

They will be separated by one thousand years.

Revelation 20:5-6 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

It is only the unsaved that will stand in the GWT before whose face "the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them." This is not the situation the believer will face; it is the situation of judgement that those who have rejected God's son will face.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

Good layout, DHK.

The Believer has already been judged by Christ 1000 years prior and is reigning with Him.

It is clear that the dead that are referred to are those that are spiritually dead. They have not the Spirit of Christ.

The 'and whosoever was not found' does not exclude one single soul of those spiritually dead. On the contrary, it is affirming God's Authority and judgment. If anything, John recorded this passage for a warning to those who would choose to reject Christ.

Thou art inexcusable, O man...

16. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

But the TEXT does not say it is only the "spiritually dead". You added that part. You also added that it is for the devil and his angels using a text out of context.

A text out of context is a pretext. You KNOW this DHK.

You ALSO need to prove why the Book of Life is opened at this GWT IF only unbelievers are here and IF the christians have ALL been judged at the JSOC in 2 Cor.

You haven't done so. You have inserted an interpretation to the texts you used rather than coming to the obvious conclusion those texts lead one to.

Your CONCLUSION is in error.You can do better than this DHK. I have seen you handle Scripture in a much more intellectually honest way than this.

17. His Blood Spoke My Name

DHK,

You did an excellent job. Some would try to put believers at the GWT to further push their false teachings that there are some Children of God who will spend 1000 years in outer darkness\hell.

If they can place a Child of God in outer darkness\hell, then that Child would have to stand before the GWT. But what blows that heretical teaching out of the water is the fact that when the Child of God sees Christ at the rapture, that Child becomes perfect and sinless for he or she sees Christ as He is. Christ is not going to send one who is deemed perfect and sinless to outer darkness\hell.

You and I both know that teaching itself came from the father of lies. It is a shame some are believing it.

18. D28guy

D28guy New Member

"[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]1 Corinthians 3 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:14 If anyone's work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Helvetica]3:15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. "[/FONT]

Mike

19. His Blood Spoke My Name

Since the Word of God declares that 'He that hath the Son hath life, but he that hath not the Son hath not life...' it is safe to say that the 'dead' in Revelation 20:12 cannot be those who are born again.

Those who are born again Children of the Most High God have life.
    The unsaved are still dead in their trespasses and sins.

The 'living' will not stand before the GWT.

20. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

(oops, a repost)

#40 Doubting Thomas, Feb 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2007