1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are so many post "KJVO"?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by JeaniMarie, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Interesting. Think of all the money that "America's Funnest Videos" could save by deleting that one letter!

BUT what's the grammatical error???? I cannot sleep until I find out!

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"'America's Funnest Videos' would be an incorrect usage, FTR. ;)

And I believe I have already alluded as to which is the error, if you will reread my response.

Following that, if you still cannot sleep, may I suggest that you 'Take two Sominex[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]®[/FONT] (or the generic version, to save a few nickels), :sleep: :sleeping_2: for a while, and post again in the morning!'

That should serve to overcome the insomnia. :thumbs: "

Signed (while laughing), Language Cop

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Ok, I DID think of the 'that/which' error and even looked it up, however it appeared to be inconclusive according to the sites that I looked at.

Now I can sleep. :laugh::sleeping_2:

4. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Geeeeeeeeeeee! I didn't know you all knew how to have this kind of fun, I thought you spent gobbs of time mocking poeple and speaking evil of them............

Oh, it shows I can be wrong, sometimes.

But here's a challenge:

It is good to speak well of others so our testimony is well kept to be considered we are well.

It is well said that we should speak good of others so our testimony is thought of as being good.

It is good to be said of our being well considering our testimony is to be spoken of as being good.

Where are any grammatical errors?

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Oh my. Where to start? :laugh:

You have your adjectives and adverbs all messed up.