1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are we so sure??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Apr 29, 2005.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

:type:

The origional post was meant to get people to think. We believe that all 66 books of the bible are the word of God. and there is no question about it.

But other religions believe "their" way is the right way. They believe as strongly as we do.

How do we know our way is yhe right way?

Working for Jesus,

Tam

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But as I stated -- the 66 books have a number of contexts.

#1. Those who say God never said anything to anyone outside of the 66 books of scripture no matter what 1Cor 14 says to the contrary.

#2. Those who claim that the 66 are correct but that God has an additional "Bible"

Apocrypha -
    Book of Mormon -

#3. Those who accept the 66 as being "ALL of scripture" and claim that as 1Cor 14 states God also has spoken to prophets who did NOT write scripture --

Agabus, Nathan, Anna, Deborah, Ellen White...

#4. Those who think some other book is correct and the 66 books of scripture are false --

Koran -
    Hinduism -
    Budhism

#62 BobRyan, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007
  3. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just came back from a city in India where the population has a high concentration of Muslims (Old Hyderabad) and of course a high percent of Hindu's in modern Hyderabad and Secundrabad.

Asking the Adventists there how they do evangelism I found that they have two means.

#1. They have a large mission school program for Muslim children. (Muslims prefer to send their children to Christian private schools vs Hindu schools because Hindus have many gods).

And of course the no-pork, non-zionist and no alcohol belief of SDA's probably build an additional bridge there.

#2. In evangelistic outreach programs Hindus are the ones that primarily attend and are baptized. But Hindus do not come into the church "until they see prayer that works" according to the Pastor.

That was a pretty interesting "test" of the OP idea in my view.

in Christ,

Bob

#63 BobRyan, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2007