1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why are We Still Fighting Racism in America After Losing So Much Blood and Treasure?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Steven Yeadon, May 29, 2020.

1. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, things have matured since this old thread. I've learned a lot by engaging people on this board.

This is the latest thread covering race relations.

What is the Christian theological response to racism?

Although, why do you think my melancholy was unjustified? Racism is still a problem in America, despite a past soaked in blood and wracked by torment over it.

2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO, you are correct that race is still a problem. However the biggest reason is that there is this faction (MSM, BLM, the Sharptons & Jacksons et al) that in some manner profit from keeping the problem stirred up.
    Go one month WITHOUT some element of this faction accusing some person of being a RACIST, and you will see much harmony among us all.
    Sure it will never be eliminated due to Adam's folly, but, sans the continual stirring of negative emotions from the various leftists, the problem will be minuscule by comparison to the present.
    MARANATHA!!!!

3. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is Maranatha?

Also, racism is a problem still. A few on this message board have implied that people do not have equal dignity due to skin color. We could lead on this issue as the church, and challenge the liberals on what righteousness and wickedness are according to the bible. I believe we should do that, and purify the Bride of Christ a bit in the process.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus."
    Basically a word that, to me anyway, means: "Lord, please hasten the rapture!"

• Informative Informative x 1