1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why aren’t we calling the Oregon occupiers ‘terrorists?’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I didn't see any members of the BLM movement doing anything that amounted to domestic terrorism. I know there were a lot of people that the general public ASSUMED were BLM people just because it was easy to point the finger at the black folks who were trying to take a stand and marginalize what they were doing by calling them terrorists.

Taking a stand doesn't amount to terrorism.

Now there were a whole lot of straight criminals looting in Ferguson. But that doesn't amount to terrorism.

The folks in Oregon have SEIZED federal property at gunpoint in order to force the government to do something.

And if folks can't see the difference between that and what the legitimate members of BLM are doing, then [​IMG]. That's one of the reasons they are doing it.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Looting is looting. It doesn't meet the legal definition of terrorism. And just because you and a bunch of scared white people think someone is a thug doesn't make them terrorists.

This is sad but the expected response that many anticipated a lot of "conservative" white people taking when folks who look like them are the ones being painted negatively.

AMERICA!!!! Gotta love Her!!!

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The folks in Oregon haven't "SEIZED" anything at gunpoint. To do that there would have to be someone to point their guns at. There's was no one there to point guns at. But let's not let facts get in the way of causing more fear and racial division.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Touche. They seized it with guns and made clear that if the government tries to take it back, they would be putting lives at risk.

Terrorism.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Bureau of Land Management seizing private property at gun point (cows) then threatening and using violence against the property owners for trying to take their property back.

Terrorism.

Black Lives Matter burning down private property and threatening to kill white people and police if they don't get their way.

Terrorism.

The US government and it's "allies" funding and arming Islamic extremists that kill thousands and threaten to kill thousands more while attempting to overthrow an elected government.

Terrorism.

#85 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that example doesn't meet the terms of the FBI definition of terrorism.

Now I completely agree that what has happened to the Hammonds family is egregious and should be on the front page of every newspaper in America.

This is about natural resources and the feds desire to control them. They have played the bully because LEGALLY they can. Folks have been doing controlled burns that have gotten out of hand on BLM property for years. They, often times with help from BLM, get it under control. And likewise when BLM has done controlled burns that have gotten onto privately owned land.

Prosecuting the Hammonds was a bully move because they won't sell their land.

Maybe what the terrorists in the compound are doing will bring the needed attention this injustice deserves to the forefront. I don't know. Hopefully something will.

But what they are doing still meets the definition of domestic terrorism.

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Monica says people are afraid."

"George says people are not afraid."

George proves that your thesis is invalid.

9. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you think you have to lie about what I said? I never mentioned people wanting to use the park land, which they are free to do. Shame on you for lying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Why, because the government has chosen to exempt itself form the same standards it applies to citizens?

Like I said earlier the standards should apply equally to everyone or no one.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, pretty much. When have you known the government to produce laws that fight against itself? Sneaky
    Gosh , Manifest Destiny, Eminent Domain, and now whatever it is the BLM is doing.

The government has been doing it since this country's founding. And we keep electing the same old folks who allow them to keep doing it.

13. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And yet here you are telling me that a "legal" definition written by an entity that exempts itself from the burdens it put's on others has created the only standard by which we are to define domestic terrorism?

You should read the papers the SPLC have written on the subject of "domestic terrorism" Zaac you yourself are described as a potential terrorist threat in them as well every other American citizen who wears blue jeans, carries a cell phone and acts polite in public.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Addressed in other response.

Do tell. What private property has a representative or an official member of BLM burned down or threatened to kill white people or police if they don't get their way? Just because you get a bunch of people together who look alike does not mean they are members or representatives of the same group.

That's government. If you don't like what they do, vote them out.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Pretty much the way it is. Guess that's probably how black folks feel about the police. Eek

16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And yet this is exactly what you do when you are blaming "white people" for all the evil perpetrated against minorities.

The standards you apply to one should be applied to every one.

I've tried but unfortunately the system is set up to keep the usurpers in power.

#96 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. I point out a certain group of folks and their actions. If I mean to say ALL white people or ALL old white men, then that's what I'll say. If I mean to say ALL black people or the stupid black people who believe Al Sharpton, that's what I'll say.

Oh they are as I just explained. You just don't think so because then your "gotcha" moment goes out the window.[​IMG]

Just like I can say there are a lot of white police officers who unfairly and unjustly police black and brown people to the point of murder, I can also say there are a lot of black opportunists who show up during a peaceful protest, who have nothing to do with the peaceful groups, who are bent on breaking the law.

But rest assured that you and I agree much more than we disagree.

Ahh. There's the kicker. Just because you've got good enough sense to realize they are usurpers doesn't mean that the majority of everyone else does. The average person feels like if they aren't PERSONALLY being affected, it doesn't matter so they will just check off the person with the (I) next to their name.

That's how this little terrorist wannabe (Cynthia McKinney) [​IMG] kept getting elected in Georgia until folks wised up and gave her the boot!

So in this regard, I say again that I applaud what the folks in Oregon are doing in order to highlight the injustice being done against the Hammond family. But their actions still qualify as terrorism.

But the same could have been said about The Boston Tea Party.

18. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You'll have to point out where you've made all these distinctions Zaac. I must have missed them.

You do understand that you can become a "terrorist" just by being accused of being a "terrorist" right?

I mean you wear blue jeans, carry a cell phone and act polite in public right?

According to the SPLC (who put out a lot of the talking points you seem fond of repeating) that already makes you a potential "terrorist".

I'm not saying what these guys are doing in Oregon is right. But am saying that calling someone a "terrorist" doesn't make them a terrorist. Fitting a "legal" definition written by an entity who's own actions fit that definition makes me question the agenda of those writing the definition more than American citizens doing something ill advised and un-timely to gain media attention.

At this point I would have to say accusing the people freezing their rear ends off in the middle of nowhere being of guilty of stupidity is more rational than accusing them of being guilty of "terrorism".

#98 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't even know what an SPLC is lol.
    "Okay Google"-----Ahh. You must mean the Southern Poverty Law Center. I know of them. Just didn't make the connection.

One could say the same about your Alex Jones talking points according to some government sources.

20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sorry Zaac but the way you spread the SPLC's talking points around here made me think you must be on their emailing list. :)

We agree on some things to be sure but I can't bring myself to agree with what those on the regressive left who are posing as liberals are saying. For the simple reason they speak with forked tongues out of both sides of their mouths. ;)

#100 poncho, Jan 5, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.