1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why Can't They See This?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

This is absolutely true Dr Bob.
    Many many young people are awakening to the the truth. It is the older generation that is the problem, though many of them are coming around to.
    The sad thing is that the presbyterians are getting many more people than we are.
    The reason is that aside from baptism, they are much more Biblical than most bapists.
    At leas the ones I am familiar with.
    I am familiar with many from the OPC and RPCNA.

2. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Isn't it true that in classic Arminianism that even though grace takes the initiative in regeneration that is still depends on man's cooperation for its effectiveness? This is why I lumped them all together, including Arminianism, which is one step removed from Semi-Pelagianism, which is one step removed from Pelagianism.

But at the end of the day, salvation is no longer monoergistic but synergistic. Mechanics of operation is trying to dodge the real issue. I wish it were that simple.

To be among the elect in the face of persecution, having been called to suffer (2:21), is precious to me. I am kept by the power of God through faith, which is itself is a gift of God (v.5). How precious is that to hear in trials!

"Through Silvanus, whom I know to be a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly, in order to encourage you and testify that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it." (v.12, emphasis added)[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

3. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Another C vs A flaming thread.

I guess nobody tires of it like I do.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This post is so wrong on so many fronts...I don't know where to begin, so I won't :BangHead: