1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why China Does Capitalism Better Than the U.S.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Refuse to read? Hardly.

I simply refuse to be assigned homework from someone that isn't being intellectually honest in the discussion.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. Give me some links to recent articles from sources that are acknowledged as credible saying that China's economic policy is not capitalistic.

Don't just give me your opinion, I know what it is. Back up your opinion with credible sources. Thanks in advance.

3. targus

targus New Member

Why are you asking rbell for sources saying that China's economic policy is not capitalistic?

He never made such a contention.

His point - as was mine earlier - that you dismissed out of hand - is that if China "does Capitalism better" it is the result of human rights violations, state ownership and control of industries and pollution of the environment on a scale that is beyon belief.

But you don't want to allow discussion of those aspects of China's supposed success - even though it is brought up in your own article.

That is why so many here see you as intellectually dishonest.

Since you asked for links check this one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMXw0xnUqs0

#63 targus, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2011
  4. targus

targus New Member

5. targus

targus New Member

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, pollution is very bad in China. I have noted that in past threads. That does not mean their economic policy is not capitalistic. It does mean they have lots of work to do in this area. I am not overly optimistic however. Just like capitalism everywhere profit is the motive. If the government does not pass and enforce environmental laws then it will only become worse.

There was an excellent article about 12 years ago on pollution in China. I believe it was in The Atlantic. At that time 25% of all deaths were related to lung diseases.

Environmentally the Three Gorges Dam is an environmental ticking atomic bomb, IMHO.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cheap labor, very capitalistic. It helps profits.

This is a civil or social problem. It does not mean they are not capitalistic. If you ran a company and free labor was made available to you would it not be easier to make a profit?

8. targus

targus New Member

Why do you keep repeating that China is capitalistic?

Why are you unwilling to talk about the reasons that China supposedly does capitalism better?

China supposedly does capitalism better because:

It disregards human rights
    It uses slave labor
    It pollutes with abandon
    It controls any industry it wishes
    It dumps it's products on the world market

Why are you unconcerned about those problems in China yet object to far lesser offenses in the US?

Where is your intellectual honesty?

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is about their economic policy which is capitalistic. If you want to talk about their civil rights, pollution, then start a new thread. You may be surprised, we may actually agree on many points. Read the article again. It lays out much better than I why they are 'doing capitalism' better than we ... and one point was their bailout was much larger and better managed.

So, stay on the topic on this thread and begin others on the other topics.

10. targus

targus New Member

I am on topic. :laugh:

The topic is "Why China does capitalism better". :laugh:

I am amazed that you don't know that considering that you started the topic. :laugh:

China supposedly does capitalism better because of human rights abuses, lack of concern for the environment, slave labor, state controlled industries, etc.

How about engaging the topic that you started?

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of these terms appears in the article. I guess you have not read the article. Off topic again as susual.

Where is your intellectual honesty. You give opinion and make it look as fact from the article when it isn't.

Who says I am not concerned. That is another topic. Start a thread.

Oh, again. Read the article and stay on topic.

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

You can't compartmentalize freedom.

Go to Tienamen square and try and rally for freedom.

Get back to me, if you survive.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

So, since the terms don't appear in your cherry-picked article, somehow we're off-topic?

This is akin to your quoting a Jim Jones article, and then getting mad when we mention "Kool-aid" in our rebuttal, even though the word doesn't appear in his work.

Maybe you shouldn't quote imbecilic articles, and then you wouldn't have to make such ridiculous claims.

We can't help it if your position has taken a clean break from reality.

#73 rbell, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  14. targus

targus New Member

The topic is "Why China does capitalism better."

So the only reasons that we can discuss concerning why China supposedly does capitalism better must come from your article?

There are no other reasons?

Really?!! :laugh:

Yes, I gave my opinion.

And I gave sources to back it up.

Do you think that the only valid opinon is that of your article's author?

I'm seriously wondering if you read it yourself.

Tell me, in your own words - why does China do capitalism better?

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why don't you address the points brought up in the article one-by-one instead of simply giving your opinion ... which so far has nothing to do with the ideas presented in the article.

Again, read the article.

Address his points and prove him wrong. That would be honest.

Read the article. Be honest for a change.

I gave you one of his points and you did not address it.

16. targus

targus New Member

I reread the article and find only two times that the author gives his reason for why China supposedly does captialism better:

"China adapts quickly, making difficult decisions and implementing them effectively,"

"It can ride roughshod over the lives of its citizens..."

WARNING - this is where my original thinking begins. I admit that it strays outside of the exact words of the OP article - WARNING

IMO China supposedly does captialism better because the government runs it all - therefore it can make "quick and difficult decisions" like deciding to pollute the air and the water in order to have it's factories produce the junk that they dump on the world market.

China supposedly does capitalism better because the government forces it's citizens into slave labor - in order to reduce the cost of labor in order to produce the junk that they dump on the world market.

ALL CLEAR - original thoughts not taken word for word from the article have ceased - ALL CLEAR

Now will you please tell me in your own words why you believe that China does captialism better?

#76 targus, Jan 26, 2011
  17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's look at some points you missed in the article.

1. Beijing's stimulus spending was larger, infinitely more effective at overcoming the slowdown and directed at laying the infrastructural tracks for further economic expansion.

2. Beijing is also doing a far more effective job than Washington of tooling its economy to meet future challenges — at least according to historian Francis Fukuyama, erstwhile neoconservative intellectual heavyweigh

And, yes China can run roughshod over its people but unlike the US companies cannot bend the government to their will as they do here in the US.

From the article:

I believe the US would be in much better shape if the president and congressmen/woman were not so dependent on campaign contribution. They have to sell their souls to special interest groups to be elected. This skews the system and puts our entire way of life in danger.

That said and done I would much rather live the US and I would much rather that our government officials did not have to sell their souls to special interest groups ... including corporations. Then they might have the gumption to do what is best for the people of the country and do a much better job in helping the economy./SIZE]

#77 Crabtownboy, Jan 26, 2011
  18. targus

targus New Member

TALK ABOUT OFF TOPIC !!!! :laugh:

What in the world does campaign contributions in the US have to do with China ??!!?? :laugh:

Now for the THIRD TIME...

IN YOUR OWN WORDS...

Why does China do capitalism better?

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. They are preparing better for the future than the US, entering long term contracts with African countries for vital minerals and other resources.

2. They do not allow companies to unduly influence governmental decisions that would harm the government's ability to govern.

3. The can and do make decisions quickly. Of course that may mean they make a mistake more quickly.

4. Their US university trained economists are very good and do not have to worry about votes for their bosses in they advice.

5. Their stimulus package, if reports are to be believed, was larger than that of the US and managed better.

Will China continue to do well economically. I don't know. But if their economy ever really slows and if they go into a recession the social consequences within China will be drastic. It will not be a pretty sight.

Another big question is will the next generation of leaders in China be as adept as the current ones. That is a huge question seeing that the next generation will be the first of the one child policy generation.

20. targus

targus New Member

More slave labor...

"These poor, hopeless, angry people exist by grubbing for scraps of cobalt and copper ore in the filth and dust of abandoned copper mines in Congo, sinking perilous 80ft shafts by hand, washing their finds in cholera-infected streams full of human filth, then pushing enormous two-hundredweight loads uphill on ancient bicycles to the nearby town of Likasi where middlemen buy them to sell on, mainly to Chinese businessmen hungry for these vital metals. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...ed-new-slave-empire-Africa.html#ixzz1C9fVrABD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.