1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why? (Continued)

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by TCassidy, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the now (thankfully) closed thread Earth Wind and Fire asked the following questions which I believe deserve an answer.
    The quote is, as I am sure you know, from the Declaration of Independence. It has been in the Archives, with a copy in the Smithsonian, since 1787. But bear in mind the Declaration is just that, a Declaration of grievance and the intent of the writers to correct the inequities enumerated.

As it does not bear the weight of law, it is more akin to a statement of intent then a statement of law.

We can. The problem is, we don't. Abortion was illegal (usually a felony) in this country from the time of our founding until Roe v. Wade in 1973. And even then Congress did not make abortion legal. 7 unelected Judges did so. (With a Republican majority I might add.)

Many states have good handgun laws allowing law abiding citizens to own and carry firearms. But the federal government has stuck its nose in the business of the individual states and passed the "killing field" law now known as the "Gun Free School Zone" law that forbids guns on or near schools.

Some states, such as our great state of Texas, have ignored those federal laws and allowed school staff members to carry firearms in order to protect the children. But most states kowtow to the federal government and actively enforce the "killing field" laws forced on us by the over-reaching US Congress.

We have become exactly what the Founding Fathers warned us of. “When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.” – Montesquieu in Spirit of the Laws, quoted by Thomas Jefferson.

protect.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion in American History

Abortion in American History

4. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems Liberals don't like the US because they don't like nations, borders, laws, etc. They dislike all of the things that God has established for human flourishing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their communism is ultimately a borderless movement.

6. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

7. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Las Vegas - not what it seems [32nd floor, 32 a Masonic number, see also Brad Paisley]:

Borrowed from user "Barry Soetoro" [whose Youtube account was shut down, and videos banned] - Las Vegas 'Shooting' MEMES — Steemit

[​IMG]

Think about this 'meme' please. Think about why that many different weapons? Think about the amount of supposed ammo. Vegas. Money. Mafia. Control. Cameras everywhere. Security everywhere. Alarms everywhrere. Distance of shot. Time. Position of guns in the room. Body. Bullets. Casings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://steemitimages.com/DQmNU9FRxW8W1NBBSZzL4PA8E3FsTxuS8dvxjrTcA3oLnzZ/las vegas mandalay bay shooting false flag.jpg

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/https://steemitimages.com/DQmP87Lq9cyDGiVUnFXC3SM1ZXQT433SrY3tsztdDkhGDJG/2 vegas.jpg

https://steemitimages.com/DQmVGbjg8uhy5gWUC1mzs4DxkdgJpLPXaPo7JbLW5j2EjYW/3 vegas.jpg

See also Sandy Hook 'Sloppy Sniper' [aka: 'David Wheeler']- Sandy Hook HOAX Busted! (3-Minute Preview) — Steemit upload_2018-2-20_15-18-2.jpeg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://chemtrailsplanet.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/david-wheeler-the-actor.jpg?w=640

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/03/41/a7/0341a710a69aa61196324f65c2c8031d.jpg

https://i.imgtc.com/wZEMTXB.jpg

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjmrrvA0bXZAhUN12MKHV5ZDdoQjRwIBw&url=/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=https%3A%2F%2Fppsimmons.blogspot.com%2F2016%2F05%2Fboston-marathon-hoax-solved-1-photo.html&psig=AOvVaw2Zl7dVxus_zhw8OBwvI8DN&ust=1519254938928221&psig=AOvVaw2Zl7dVxus_zhw8OBwvI8DN&ust=1519254938928221

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy, we've got a live one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The population of Israel is something less than 9 million.
    The population of the USA is around 330 million.
    Therefore to get a reasonable accurate comparison between the two countries, you would need to multiply the figure for Israel by around 35, which would bring it up to 280.
    The population of Great Britain is around 60 million. Therefore you need to multiply British statistics by 5.5 to get an accurate comparison with the USA. To the best of my knowledge, the number of school shooting deaths in Britain in the last ten years is nil. So multiply that figure by 5.5 to get an accurate comparison.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about stabbings?

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

[​IMG]

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Abortion in American History
    The year after abortion was legalized in New York State, the maternal-mortality rate there dropped by 45 percent—one reason why legalization can be seen as "a public-health triumph."

Naturally, this ignores the babies killed...as always. Thelr lives are worthless to the pro abortion crowd.

Some triumph.:rolleyes:

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is at least one reason for the seeming impasse of understanding between us and our British brethren. Going into the 1920s, Great Britain firearms ownership was pretty much a matter of class. Long guns were owned by upper-class hunters and their gamekeepers. Pistols were owned by former military officers who had been required to buy their sidearm and kept it after they left active duty.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Face it, the days when that famous detective Sherlock Holmes could say to Dr. Watson as they are about to leave on a case: "Don't forget your revolver Watson, we may need it" are over. In England today, even good people are barred the use of arms, even just to keep them in their homes for personal protection.

15. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will assume this to be a genuine question, so I will answer it as such.

I am aware of only one fatal stabbing in a British school in the last ten years. A teacher in Leeds was murdered by one of her pupils in 2014.

Deaths of young people by knives in the year to March 2017 are as follows.
    Under 16- Six.
    16-17- Ten.
    18-24- 51. Most of these are to do with gangs in London and, to a lesser extent, Manchester.

These are horrific figures, and I expect they will be higher this year, but it is very hard to prevent when a youngster can steal his mother's carving knife out of the kitchen.

FYI, 32 people died in shootings in Britain in the year to March 2017. This was 11 more than in 2015, but still 45% down on the figures of ten years or so ago.

[source: Guardian newspaper]

Please understand that I am not claiming that Britain is somehow more righteous or less violent that the USA. Far from it! It is my firm belief (and that of just about everybody in the country) that if firearms were available in Britain the murder rate would be through the roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Todays headline in the Daily Mail: Teenager, 17, is killed 90 minutes before gang used a samurai sword to hack a 20-year-old man to death just a mile away on London's deadliest night of 2018

And you have effectively disarmed all the good people at the same time! Not one woman, not one man, has the ability to fight back effectively. Maybe if some of these lowlife's got killed or wounded and the government loudly proclaimed and backed the right of self defense maybe these thugs would stop acting as they do.

We here I America as a whole have a firm belief that the individual has the right to an effective self defense that includes deadly force. In Washington D.C. where the murder rate from guns is through the roof very few good folks have firearms. Go right across the border into Virginia where firearms ownership is widespread and many people carry a concealed weapon, the murder rate does not even come close to that of the nation's capitol. We are two different nations that is for sure - in our outlook and practice.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To put it into perspective, the odds of a British student being stabbed to death in Britain is about 1:200,000.
    While the odds of an American student being killed by gunfire in the worst year ever is about 1:1,000,000.
    These numbers are only for primary and secondary school children. Colleges excluded.

When will Britain ban knives?

18. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    while I agree with the point it is making... Israel is a fraction of the size of the U.S. with a fraction of the number of schools. so it's not really a fair comparison with the numbers.

19. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Homicide rates are always higher in big cities. In my little corner of Britain knife crime is almost unknown.
    But you are right about two different nations; you write as if Brits have been disarmed against their will. I can assure you that there is no demand whatsoever for firearms to be made freely available over here.

Phony stats, I fear. The NRAQ is full of them.Would you care to give me your source?
    It is already illegal to carry knives on the street. Unfortunately the police have stopped stopping and searching youngsters on a random basis; they need to start again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with Martin: virtually no law-abiding person here wants to own a gun (outside of those who have one for sport) - we don't want to end up like you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.