1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Did Christ say This? (1 of 2)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Oct 3, 2014.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If you cant respond to the issues being plainly set forth in easy readable English, just as Tom is also incapable of doing, then why waste my time with personal attacks. Neither of you can respond to the simple plain Biblical evidence I have set forth and YOU BOTH KNOW IT! So go ahead and save your egos and run as fast as you can! If I am so simple, stupid and unintelligent, then it should be a very easy thing to simply expose my simplistic arguments, since you fella's are so smart! But, neither of you even attempt to respond to simple (I admit "simple") clear arguments that expose Tom's errors. He repudiates the bodily resurrection of saints and does not deny it and it would do him no good to deny it as he makes that very extremely clear in the thread on 1 Corinthians 15 that anyone can read for themselves. However, the only way out for both of you is to steer clear of my arguments and attack my person in order to save your own ego. Fine, I will let the other readers be the judge. However, anyone who denies the bodily resurrection of the saints is a heretic in the first degree and primary meaning of the term as Paul explicitly classifies all who deny bodily resurrection of the just to be "false witnesses" and perverter/deniers of the gospel of Jesus Christ as such a denial demands we are still in our sins and Christ's death was in vain and I quote:

But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:
    14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.
    15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead Frise not.
    16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:
    17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.
    18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.
    19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

The resurrection of Christ and the resurrection of the saints are INSEPARABLE (see verse 16 in bold), and Paul claims to deny one is to deny the other as they are in a cause and effect relationship. Notice how Paul begins with the resurrection of the saints first (v. 13a) as the basis for the resurrection of Christ and then works from the resurrection of Christ (v. 14a) to prove the resurrection of the saints - showing they are inseparably related and to deny one is to deny both. Tom denies the physical resurrection of the saints and claims that the resurrection in view in 1 Corinthians 15:12-57 is the singular "body of Christ" or the church! That is a lie of Satan and a clear repudiation of the very essence of the hope and of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

#21 The Biblicist, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
  2. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Tom claims he is not denying the resurrection of Jesus Christ, while Paul clearly states that if any deny the bodily resurrection of the saints that is denial of the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

6 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

as the resurrection of Christ HAS NO OTHER PURPOSE than to ensure the hope of bodily resurrection of His people. Thus to deny the bodily resurrection of His people IS to deny any validity of Christ's resurrection. Paul is clearly stating that the resurrection OF THE DEAD is inseparably dependent upon the resurrection of Christ. Christ's dead body was the object of resurrection and the resurrection of the saint is also "OF THE DEAD" body. To claim that the resurrection of Christ IS OF HIS DEAD PHYSICAL BODY but the resurrection of the saint is NOT OF THE DEAD BODY makes Paul's connection between the two no connection at all. Tom argues that John 2:18-22 refers only to the SPIRITUAL BODY of Christ, the church rather than the physical body of Christ but John demands it is the PHYSICAL body resurrected (Jn. 2:20-21), just as Tom argues that the resurrection of the saints in 1 Cor. 15:12-57 is the SPIRITUAL BODY or church rather than the physical body of the saint. However, the church is promised that the gates of hades "shall not prevail" against it, but the body in view in 1 Corinthians is one that the gates of hades did prevail against:

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
    55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave,[Gr. HADES] where is thy victory?

Notice that "hades" has prevailed against this body and has the victory until it is resurrected. Note the time words "when" and "then" showing the time of victory of this body over hades is not till its resurrection.

However, the church is promised that the gates of hades shall never prevail against it and I quote:

And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell [Gr. Hades] shall not prevail against it.

Tom's view is plain heresy and is a based upon a complete eisgetical perversion of both John 2 and 1 Corinthians 15.

What I have stated is in clear easy understandable English!

#22 The Biblicist, Oct 5, 2014
  3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Waste of time

#23 The Biblicist, Oct 5, 2014
  4. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Wow, unbelievable we agree on that.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You never contribute with anything substantial to any discussion. You seem to be happy to sit on the side line and wait to contribute the only thing your capable of contributing - personal insults. That is why it is a waste of time to discuss anything with you.

I set forth clear evidence and drew a clear conclusion (you did not like) and your only input are insults.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Here is a clear argument with clearly stated contextual based evidences that opposes the OP of the author. Yet neither he or Quantum addresses a single solitary things. The only contribution by them is personal assault - period.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Here is a clear argument with clearly stated contextual based evidences that opposes the OP of the author. Yet neither he or Quantum addresses a single solitary things. The only contribution by them is personal assault - period.