1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why did not God perform miracles in Tyre, Sidon, and Sodom?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by George Antonios, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Semi-Pelagianism" cannot be found anywhere in scripture, Van...

It is a man-made doctrine that is read into it...not out of it.
    The very words, when considered at face value and in their entirety, do not support man's cooperation with God in the matter of salvation.

As long as the Bible exists, and as long as this world exists, we are going to have this conversation.
    You can get angry about it, fume, complain and so forth...it won't change the fact that "Calvinism" will always be a part of how some people see and believe God's word.
    It will always be a part of how some Baptists see and believe His word.:Thumbsup

Accept it, deal with it, and stay in the majority of those who read the Bible your way, and agree with it, if you like.
    From an objective viewpoint,

Just because you think it's "bogus", and declare it with as much assertion as you can muster, does not mean that everyone will listen to you.

I'll stay where I'm at, in the vast minority, because I clearly understand God's choice of the sinner to salvation, as the truth.
    Trust me when I say that I have no ill will towards you...but we will have to disagree, and I don't see myself ever coming back over to your side of the "fence".

I've already been there, and found it man-exalting and God-diminishing...and only backed up by portions of Scripture, taken out of true context ( like 2 Peter 3:9 is ).
    Undoubtedly, the same way you may see "the doctrines of grace" ( as being in error ) and the Scriptures used to support them, I see it completely the other way around.

This is my final reply in this thread.

I wish all of you well, and may God, in His wisdom, grant you many good and lasting gifts.
    Gifts that will help you to see Him as He really is...gracious and merciful to those that truly "fear" Him.:)

2. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you disagree with this?

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More deflection folks. Am I an "Arminian?" Nope, but I agree with two of their points, Christ died for all mankind, and our individual election for salvation was through faith in the truth.
    Next he falsely claims I believe a person's salvation depends of the person. Nope, Romans 9:16

So once again instead of addressing the issue, he deflects to obfuscate. Calvinism is bogus, because if the people in those cities had seen more miracles, they would have repented. Calvinism denies this truth. Think about it, the people in the cities did not change, if a certain number had been chosen individually before creation, only that number would have repented whether they saw two miracles or twenty miracles. But Jesus says the number was not fixed, more would repent if they had seen the miracles.

4. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    You need to read his post more carefully. He did not say you were.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet more deflection, claiming my view agrees with the undefined derogatory "Semi=Pelagianism."
    Of course it does not.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nonsense, no quote.
    If the people in those cities had seen more miracles, more would have repented. Calvinism denies this truth. Think about it, the people in the cities did not change, if a certain number had been chosen individually before creation, only that number would have repented whether they saw two miracles or twenty miracles. But Jesus says the number was not fixed, more would repent if they had seen the miracles.

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, do you know what semi-pelagianism is? It definitely is your position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is his quote, since you are unable to read it yourself apparantly:

Notice the bolded part.

#68 Reformed1689, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think you know what Calvinism is, let alone Semi-Pelagianism. Note he asks questions but does not present a rational view.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Boy, you can be dense" is an insult, addressing the poster and not the position. A flagrant violation of forum rules. The whole post is a deflection to obfuscate the truth,more of he people in those cities would have repented, had they seen more miracles, thus Calvinism is unbiblical and goes against the teachings of Christ.

11. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh Van trust me, I know what both of those things are. You have proven time and time again though that you don't know what you believe or why you believe it. You contradict yourself, you post nonsense all the time.

And I don't consider myself a Calvinist, like others have said, being that I don't agree with everything Calvin taught. I adhere to the biblical doctrines of grace. As far as semi-pelagianism, it means that salvation is a cooperative between God and Man meaning man has something to do with his own salvation which, of course, is not found in Scripture.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize for the dense comment, it has been removed. But you focused on that instead of admitting you were wrong. Telling.

13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I presented scriptural truth, and all you can do is ask if I believe in what I believe in. Twaddle

14. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you avoiding the question? Do you agree or disagree that God treats people differently and has mercy on who he will have mercy? Why are you avoiding?

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have proven you address the poster with insults to obfuscate.
    Yet another seemingly 5 pointer who is not a Calvinist. :)

16. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet another post avoiding the topic, obfuscation on display.

17. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes a 5-pointer but those teachings don't belong to Calvin so I don't care what you say about that. The five points are biblical. By they way do you even know where the five points came from as summarized?

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I posted the statement, you replied to my statement. I presented scriptural truth, and all you can do is ask if I believe in what I believe in. Twaddle

19. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a simple yes or no. Do you believe God treats all the same?

20. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Four of the five points are as bogus as a three dollar bill.
    If the people in those cities had total spiritual inability they could not have repented because they saw more miracles.