1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Do Conditionalists Contradict Themselves and Pray to God for Salvation?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by KenH, Mar 21, 2023.

1. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. They were born of God as the result of receiving Christ. Better read it again.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Man cannot be saved by his own efforts or his own thoughts. Those who teach such are teaching a false gospel with a false Christ of their own vain imagination. The apostle Paul spoke strongly against those who do so and those who accept their false teaching: 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is no wonder that you have such a hard time understanding the bible, you can't even read clear English. Paraphrase here just for you, Those that received Him were born of God , not of blood or the will of the flesh or the will of man. Does that make it clearer for you. Those verses are telling you that those that trusted in Him were born of God not by any other means. But since that does not fit your Calvinism you completely miss the point.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not say man can be saved by his own efforts. I said that he must believe on Christ for it is Christ’s atonement that saves. If we do not believe, we remain lost.

One cannot trust a “god” who supposedly created you to put you into burning hell forever, with no chance of avoiding that fate.

But the God who suffered and died and rose again for everyone so anyone can be saved—He is worthy of trust forevermore!

For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
    And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2 Corinthians 5:14-15.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are proclaiming a "Jesus" who is a potential savior. The real Jesus, the Son of God, is an actual Savior of His people.

Matthew 1:21 says that "He shall save His people from their sins." You have turned that verse into "He could save some people from their sins - if they let Him."

(emphasis mine)

6. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, He’s a real Saviour. He saved me and all who come to Him. “ he that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”

He shall save His people from their sins—not “maybe”. His people are all those that believe and come to Him and receive Him. He doesn’t save those who refuse Him.

I believed Him, received Him, and He kept His Word. He’s my Lord, my Saviour, and He loves me and I love Him.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. All of those whom the Father gave to the Son before the world began will come to the Son.

John 6:37, Ephesians 1:4, 2 Timothy 1:9

Every single one will come.

8. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. And also true that "...he that cometh to Me, I will in no wise cast out."
    He knows who will. He knows who won't. But He still allows them to choose (or reject) in response to His call.
    That's quite different from creating them purposely to fill hell, no choice at all.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tell you quite frankly, that if my salvation depends upon me using some alleged "libertarian free will", then I am doomed!

And so is every other human ever created.

• Agree Agree x 1