1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why Do Men Hate God's Sovereignty in Election

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Dec 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truth matters. Doctrine has consequences. Also, as far as I can tell, we aren't discussing sin, in particular.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are always discussing sin ..sin perminats everything we do. It is our Antichrist, our enemy and friend, our politics, our reality. We don’t live without it. And how you deal with it dictates who you are... in this life and the next. Since you believe in the devil, then you have to apply character to that creation. So what do you think, is that creature beautiful, is he total evil, does he work in partnership with God, with man or is he your total enemy? Is he totally morbid or does he laugh?

#102 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if you want more truth, here it is....That if I believe in a Deity then I would thank him and bless Him for the liberty of choice, For without that liberty of choice,we would be dancing around as puppets on strings.

What Is Sin? The Essence and Root of All Sinning

#103 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Forgive Yourself, 77 TIMES 7. And keep moving forward! :::Insert Rocky Motivational::: :D

This statement itself is a sin based on lack of faith, and should be your primary target in your practice>>>"that sin is the one constant in the world." Our giving evil too much credit is part of our problem.

Who do we have for a teacher, God? are we to suppose he just mediocre at what he does? Does a great teacher just churn out students with "F's" who learn nothing?

Matthew 11

28“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30“For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Jesus says learn from him, that it is EASY. The #1 problem we have is we call him a LIAR. We already have OUR expectation.

Trust and Faith is same thing. When Jesus says "oh hey this is easy, I can teach you to do this, look I am a gentle person."

Jesus is joking right? Jesus is a Liar right? Jesus doesn't know that SIN is the one constant in the world!

I got to learn to trust Jesus.

No one says they expect NOT SINNING to be MOST FUN They ever had. We got sins we need to beat down in the roots. False expectations, false beliefs, false assumptions.

Not sinning is the most fun you will ever have. ;)

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB,

It seems God has a problem? If he wants all men to be saved, and they are not; then he is a wimpy no power God.

If He wants all men to be saved, and He cannot "will it so," then poor God whatever must he do?

rd

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

Wimpy by who's standard? God can hand over all his power to you, and still win.

The #1 sin, the one thing GOD would never want to happen, is for us to torture and kill his only son.

But he let us walk all over him.

Jesus could have a legion of angels stop the whole thing. Forgiving sins God could wink his eye and all sins of the world are gone he doesn't need to kill his son, he can do anything he wants. God is making a clear statement to humanity by his act.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea but I have tons of fun by sinning

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is right he laughs! To contemplate the world and see how redicuous It is is hilarious and the development knows it.

9. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. That is a problem. The impotent god of Arminius. . .

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Every sin we commit has a fear connected to it, a mistrust of God. Someone who has a complete trust in God is always calm, relaxed, and fearless.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes because there is a blessed assurance (as the song goes) Jesus is mine.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Arminius, being human, had his questions & concerns about his operating salvation theology. I don't criticize the guy unless pushed to by people who are solid Arminians.....then I will give it to them. But you have to realize that conversation about this stuff, even disagreements serves to vent, to clarify & to solidify held positions.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Surely Arminius did not think that his "Understanding of God" is impotent. See, now you are veering into picking a fight, not discussion. Like could you not have phrased it differently?

14. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you serious? GOD CAN DO ANYTHING!

He caused the Jews to have a sovereign nation again, despite the opposition of most of the world. Same for their making Jerusalem their capital again. Many still oppose that, but it happened,& will continue to be in force.

15. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To all who have an ear!!

The two major issues with the T-U-L-I-P that I have encountered over the years since my embrace of Particular Redemption has been the absolute sovereignty of God over all His creation AND the absolute Depravity of Man.

What the Wesleyan / Arminian (sp?) system will not allow is that men are depraved and spiritually dead in all of their faculties including their will. They would have us think we are "sovereign sinners" who has Christ over in the corner crying, "Father I died for all of them, won't someone exercise their free will and come and choose me??!!""

This does not mean that they cannot make "horizontal decisions" about whom to marry or what to become as a vocation. What is does mean theologically is that they cannot make one move towards God on their own left to their own devices in their natural state. Without first God, by His Holy Spirit, bringing the Gospel of Christ to them, giving them faith, giving them repentance, and resurrecting them and showing them their lostness and the Glory of Christ's holiness then bringing them to him. They are even aided by the HS to even reach out their hand and take what God has offered them by faith.

God is sovereign over all and is much more gracious than we know. And we are much more sinful than we know and have a very small idea of how much grace we need and the damnation we deserve. Thanks be to God for His unspeakable gift.

rd

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. utilyan

Site Supporter

"And we are much more sinful than we know and have a very small idea of how much grace we need and the damnation we deserve."

Damnation is actively sinning against God. I don't see how anyone deserves to sin again God.

Convince me you DESERVE to spit in God's face everyday, hell does worst.

If someone can't move towards God that is not a natural state, that is unatural, abomination even.

If all of man is corrupted to where it has no capacity to do anything for God, then that man is destroyed completely and is as equal to murder or any other sin. There is nothing there to save. God is not going to save murder.

Something good has to be there to be saved. If there was nothing good then the whole thing is part of the damning force.

I think there are folks in this thread who are throwing away the baby with the bathwater. Alot of it is a flawed view humility that's been twisted.

It all sounds great on paper, but heavily flawed.

17. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If we had the smallest clue of God's holiness and man's sinfulness, we would all immediately become "five-point Calvinists".

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

When they get the whole picture they become Christians instead.

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does God require in order to be a Christian?

20. Rhetorician

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In Acts 20 does the text not say, "repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ"?

rd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.