1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why do you believe?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel1, Dec 17, 2017.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you a believer? Have you had a personal experience of Jesus Christ? Or do you believe based on what someone else believed or experienced? Or do you believe based on a rational decision?

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My belief is based on all three of your statements. Plus, there is nothing down here on earth for me and at some point my earthly existence will end. And when it does, being in heaven with God sounds wonderful.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how do you know your going to make it?

4. Rebel1

Rebel1 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope to meet you there.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hope is eternal. I hear also that God has an infinite amount of mercy - even for a sinner like me. In the end God alone will make the call.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, however your church requires members to jump through the hoops of 7 sacraments in order to achieve heaven. Are you diligent in that doctrinal pronouncement?

7. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe because God sent His Son to die for me and then sent me the gospel. Calvinists believe because, well....they didn't have any choice.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The 7 sacraments, along with first having faith, are a means to help us live holy lives I believe that you yourself abide by them, except you do not use the word "sacrament". So let's go through them with the following questions and a simple yes or no to each of them will suffice.

1. Does your Christian faith tradition have an ordained clergy?
    2. Does your Christian faith tradition have marriage between men and women?
    3. Does your Christian faith tradition have baptism?
    4. Does your Christian faith tradition require confession of sins?
    5. Does your Christian faith tradition believe in the Holy Spirit?
    6. Does your Christian faith tradition believe in the anointing of the sick for healing?
    7. Does you Christian faith tradition believe in Communion?

Now call me crazy, but aren't all those things mentioned in the Scriptures? If so, then God must have wanted us to abide by them.

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why must you constantly lie about what others believe?

11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. And we don't have clergy. We have the gift of men whom God has given to His true church.

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. Many of us choose to marry but it makes no difference to our eternal destiny.

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. But we have scriptural baptism of believers by immersion who have a credible testimony of faith in Christ as Lord and Savior. We have "baptism." Not "rantism."

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. We confess our sins directly to God. Not to a sinful man.

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God.

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. I usually just go to the doctor.

I am not part of a sect. I am a member of a church. We are in commonunion with those who are in Christ. We aren't cannibals or werewolves or vampires who eat human flesh and drink human blood. Transubstantiation is blasphemy of the worst sort.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK....you are a crazy catholic, who prays to Mary and self appointed saints and celebrates with pagan rituals. Then you exhalt men to positions of power instead of humility. I don’t follow sacraments nor do I belong to a cult nor do I add works to my salvation

So what are you attempting to show here... that you and I are similar, forgive me but I don’t see it. I worship Christ alone while you worship Christ and the saints and the RCC. I believe in once saved always saved while you jump through the hoops of the RCC sacraments, And I don’t ally myself to anyone or anything but Christ while you jump endless hoops IE feast days, fast days, holy days (of obligation) Saints Days etc. Then you attempt to ally me with a cult!?! Ha ha ha. Had your apostate church gathered in love vs absolute power, you would have stemmed the tide of discord, brought the dissenters into line, kept the peace... perhaps even grown in human witness and subsequent understanding. Instead your cult released a million different iterations, all claiming spiritual and scriptural truth... one more inane than the other. Think of all the money you could have made, the mouths you could have fed, the converts you could have convinced ... instead of having them (all the po’d ex-Catholics) starting and hooking up with your rivals. Sorry but how do you expect to spread your word to those who despise you for your self promoted sense of superiority and entitlement?

So please do not to try to ally my beliefs to yours... yours are anathema.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either blindness, ignorance, deception or all three. Whatever it is... their is always a note of sarcasm to which is most unbecoming to a man of the cloth.

14. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fully agree with all but the sarcasm part. Even Jesus used this rhetorical tool. Our friend uses it in an unskilful and obnoxious way, which, of course, Jesus did not, so I do not excuse the party in question for his actions here on BB.

15. PastoralMusings

PastoralMusings Active Member

First I believed because of the self attesting nature of Scripture.
    I also believe because it is reasonable to believe.

16. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

In a nutshell you are saying he is RIGHT.

Our major point of contention is we say Faith and doing things the right way.

So if your going to sit there and whine about what he does after asking him, you ultimately agree there is right way to do things that are required.

Your telling him he is not allowed to do this or that as if it puts his soul in jeopardy. This is coming from a guy who insists Faith alone and you don't have to do anything right.

Oh but wait your Calvinist right........... why don't you tell God to fix him since there is nothing you or he can do for himself?

I'm gonna tell you right now if you believe in FAITH ALONE Calvinism is the perfect expression of it. Cause it doesn't matter if you do or don't have a choice its on God alone regardless of what does or doesn't do.

Christmas is Christ's Mass. Lets see you get off our Catholic day and get your own day, get your own bible while your at it, instead of stealing the Anglican's book.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look if you want to walk around each day deluding yourself in believing you are thee quintessential Church” thus fooling yourselves, that’s fine by me, but ahhh no, I ain’t going to condone it. What it is is an apostate claptrap of heresy and you know that. What is more, he (Adonis) knows it as does everyone who has ever bothered to read the scriptures.

The very reason you are on the largest Baptist forum is testimony to your innermost knowledge that you are full of baloney about your precious little apostate creation of the gelded priestly class and ignorant laity. So you prattle on here like the uninformed Catholic you really are while the rest of us inwardly consider you to be pretty sad, more accurately pathetic. So why don’t you just run off back to your apostate heretical Church where you really belong. Rosery in hand.

#17 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 18, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Marriage is anathema? Ordination is anathema? Baptism is anathema? Healing is anathema? Communion is anathema? Confirmation in the Holy Spirit is anathema? Confessing one's sins is anathema? Well so be it then, we are the Catholic Anathema Church.

#18 Adonia, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe that Baptists are a sect (which you state repeatedly) then you need to go.

#19 Earth Wind and Fire, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Semantics. If you have pastors, you have an ordained clergy.

Nor does it to us. God loves us whether we are single or wed.

Our baptism is also done with water, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Our testimony of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior is also credible.

As are we. The Holy Spirit lives within us and is our guide.

We follow the Scriptures on this one. God gave this power to men to forgive sins IN HIS NAME.

Then you do not follow the Scriptures on this one either. It's right there in black and white - did you miss it perhaps?

Neither are we cannibals or werewolves, and we follow the Scriptures on this one too. Jesus said Holy Communion was His Body and Blood. He said it, orthodoxy teaches it, and we believe it. The blasphemy is yours for denying this reality and calling the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ a blasphemous thing.