1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does God hate sin?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Plain Old Bill, May 17, 2007.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then why did God turn his face away from His Holy Son, Jesus Christ, when Jesus became sin for us on the cross?

What you are saying borderlines on blasphemy, brother.

Not only have I "checked" Job, but I have read Job and taught Job many, many times.

I would like for you to show me where in the book of Job that it says that God is tolerant of sin.

Whatever is happening in this passage is not cordiality. The bible says that these spirit beings were "presenting" themselves before God. God has apparently called them into his presence for a reason. This isn't a friendly visit.

When God comments on Job's faithfulness, Satan attacks not Job, but God. He accuses God of making a "robot" out of Job and keeping Job from sinning by showing him with blessings.

Sour grapes on the devil's part.

God gives Satan a test. The trials of Job aren't so much about trials of Job as it is about God proving the devil to be a liar and an accuser.

God created Lucifer. He did not create evil. That came from Lucifer's own heart.

Cite those scripture passages please. All of them. You said there were many. Again, you are bordering on blasphemy of the Holy Spirit by attributing evil to God.

No, God clearly wants to protect his children from evil, knowing that they face it everyday.

#21 Scarlett O., Jun 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just my 2 cents on this issue:

Not that I would imply God tolerates sin, rather has wrath towards it, but... I find this often taught reasoning of the Words of Christ of saying, “My God, My God, why has thou forsaken Me” as incorrect in that God turned His face away.

I would say that Jesus was always teaching in revelations of Who He was; even from the cross. I think He was calling attention to prophesy from Psalms 22.

(Psa 22:1) To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? whyartthouso far from helping me, andfrom the words of my roaring?

(Psa 22:2) O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

Jesus knew the answer to the purpose that He was on the cross suffering, being Omniscient, and knowing the prophesy.

Later we see in Psalms 22 that God had not turned His back on His Son nor hid His face from Him, as we now know that the truth of the promise that was hidden in the Word as a mystery is fulfilled.

(Psa 22:24) For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

(Psa 22:25) My praise shallbe of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

(Psa 22:26) The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live forever.