1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does God work the Universe the way He does?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by UnchartedSpirit, Sep 3, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

There's maybe over thousands of research going on on how the Universe works, and how to prove God's behind it...but has any study been done on the combined two? If God wants us to know him, and since he coordinates every scientefic event in this cosmos...why can't we try to find out why he made black holes, or why he's pushing the universe away from us? Why is the creative part about God the most unknown to us?

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

God put in the Bible what He wanted us to know about Creation. Why and how He did it, we know one thing, He did it.

Your suggestion is actually a very good idea. Since we know God created it, why not study the universe with that premise as the number one priority.

I have read many, many posts on the board by people who think they have the answer to Creation, time wise, from six days to billions of years. They are all so sure they are right, like they were there. :laugh: The truth is none of them have a clue. Creation is so far above their understanding, one can only chuckle when reading the posts. God's created beings explaining how He created all things. Embarrassing, isnt it?

Again, I like your suggestion. Science generally leaves out God. On the other side of the range of misinformation are those who think they understand how God created the universe. He will allow us to learn what He wants to reveal.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

God does everything He does, to bring Himself glory.

4. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

And beyond this, I believe we can't say in specifics unless specifics have been revealed.

5. UnchartedSpirit

So that helps veryify using metaphors from nature to help with Biblical teachings, but there could be a science in finding ways for us to Glorify God by figuring out all the ways nature works?

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. When science corresponds with Scripture, it reveals truly that both the architect of nature and the Scriptures is the same.

2. But when science is made to contradict Scripture, it is no longer true science.

7. jellico25w

jellico25w New Member

I think this verse tell us why. Deut. 29:29: The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law. He gives us all the knowledge we need to know. If we knew all his thoughts and ways, we would have no need of an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent God. He is infinite, we are finite. Just the way He wanted it. He left man ruler of the garden(Eden) and look at the train wreck we made of it. Could you imagine letting man try to uphold the universe? Perish the thought! All the knowledge God wants man to know in regards to the universe, will be revealed in His good time. Grace and Peace to you, jellico. :thumbs:

8. UnchartedSpirit

...being an artist as well has sotra a scientist I'd love to know how God and I realate on the creative scale...how he can expess himself in an infinite amount of ways using the limits of the laws of science he also created! What was so whimiscal of making hurricanes with polygonal shaped eye centers on giant gas planets such as Saturn? Why does God love big exposions like the ones in Supernovas, and colliding asteroids and planets?

On another note, I notice that Scientists are getting closer and closer to merging their theories with the Genesis story of creation. For example on the History channel they explaned in more depth on how the Big Bang took about...and added this time that "light" was formed after the universe started to take shape! Just like God called light into existance after the heavens and the earth were made. It's a small but still a good step in the right direction!

And on a third note (though not to make this a regular old triad), if we say the Universe was made in 6 24 - hour days...not that this matters much, then when do we say the frist day actually started in Genesis. God made the heavens and the Earth in the Beginning, that doesn't specify that it was the first day... wouldn't there have to be light in existance first before we could count the first time the earth rotated around the sun? It doesn't even say when the earth started turning or when the sun came around! Or another way around the age of the Universe is if we define the term "Heaven..."maybe God already had part of the Cosmos in plase already before he started on the Heavens...stuff like the four forces and dark matter and radiation....but again it doesn't really matter to me, I just speculate on a whim..