1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why does some Baptist Church doesn't deal with other Baptist Churches?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by John544, Nov 6, 2003.

1. John544

John544 New Member

Hi, I go to big Baptist church in my town and they have nothing to do with other baptist churches for some reason. I went to a church up north called American Baptist and they didn't care if you went to other baptist churches and even other non-Baptist churches. Southern Baptist doesn't like Freewill Baptists or others. We all are trying to get to heaven and why does it matter what Baptist church people go to or any other church. The church cann't save you it's ownly believe in our savor Jesus Christ. I think people worry to much what church they go to instead of being ready.

Thanks, John.

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We just don't like them cuz they're not like us.

They:

let their women wear pants
    sing modern songs
    use drums in the worship services
    are black; are white
    are KJVO/ aren't KJVO
    preach on topics rather than by each book
    their youth group is more wild
    have women deacons

thousands of other reasons too.

Rob

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

All too often big church has the atttiude that they are busy and don't really need the lttler churches until big church gets smaller.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Usually it s because a number of churches are more based on multi media type presentations and often have a large portion of people that come under the banner "rent a crowd". If you should go to another church and like their presentation better you may well leave. Which would result in a loss of your offering which in some churches is what they are most keen on.

A church that openly does not worry if its membership fellowships with other churches is likely to be a good one to belong to. Churches that jump on you for going somewhere else are likely to be control freaks and best avoided.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think my church people should be so well taught that there ARE certain principles in Scripture that can't be compromised, that we don't HAVE to agree with everyone or "tolerate" them.

And if they go to another church they should be mature enough to discern the errors and not drift from the truth.

But just because some church doesn't "do things" like we do does not make them BAD or our ENEMY. They are just "different".

6. time like this

time like this New Member

I attened a SBC in TN and they would not accpet the a minister from a MBC. Stated that they still neeeded to be taught proper Baptist doctrine. I still have not been able to find great differences.

7. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

John 544:

Why do you go to this church?

8. Pastor KevinR

Pastor KevinR New Member

Sometimes there may be legit reasons not to associate, esp doctrine. However sometinmes those of us who call ourselves IFB are elitist! I know of some IFB churches here in NYC who won't associate with other IFB churches over secondary issues...and we wonder why our city is going to Hell! [​IMG]