1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHY DON'T SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE WHEN THEY HEAR THE GOSPEL?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by William C, Mar 14, 2003.

1. William C

William C New Member

Read and study the context for yourselves and you will discover the answer, brother! </font>[/QUOTE]4study, allow me to translate this for you:

I don't know how to answer that question so I'll pretend that you just aren't smart enough to see it in the text and hope that you forget the question.

2. rufus

rufus New Member

Hey Bill, YOUR translation skills need work, friend. BUT YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT! lol

rufus [​IMG]

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think Brother Bill that children can come to Christ easier because they haven't been hardened by sin?... Where do you get that from... Suffer the little children to come unto me for such is the kingdom of heaven?... Actually what does this teach... Little children to come or believers who have been converted by the Holy Spirit to come as little children?... That is not to say little children cannot be converted to the truth and become believers but most are brought to the realization of their Eternal Salvation as grown believers... Speaking only for myself after much searching... Any other brethren want to comment on their experiences and observations... Brother Glen [​IMG]

4. William C

William C New Member

Translation: I still don't know how to answer the question so I'll continue my distractions by making jokes about his translation skills.

lol [​IMG]

5. William C

William C New Member

Both are true. Little children are less distracted by worldly lusts and unhardened by sin's exposer. But the second part of this is true as well. We must be like a child to enter the kingdom. In what way? In the way that they believe, in their humilty, in their unhardened hearts.

If a child is born as hardened as a grown man becomes then why would Jesus say that they need to become like a child? It seems that he would say you need to become like Adam before the Fall or something like that.

6. William C

William C New Member

If a child is born as hardened as a grown man becomes then why would Jesus say that they need to become like a child? It seems that he would say you need to become like Adam before the Fall or something like that.