1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WHY DOST THOU JUDGE THY BROTHER?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by GIG, Sep 30, 2002.

1. "It's not what you say, it's how you say it." With all due respect, that is not a wise statement. Sincerity is not a proof of truth. What is said maybe harsh ,but that does not make it wrong. All we say does not need to be positive.
    I was born again into a Fundamental Baptist church
    and I like fighting and eating. Preaching on sin in accordance with the Bible(KJV) is not judging ,but just declaring the truth. We don't preach that way for fun ,but because we care.

2. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

This was directed at everyone, including myself.

"Peace at any price" is clearly not anything that I said or implied.

You can defend the faith, you can be hard on sin, you can remind your fellow believer of what the Bible says, and you can do it all "speaking the truth in love". Eph. 4:15

[ October 02, 2002, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: WisdomSeeker ]

3. Optional

Optional New Member

Too often bluntness is misconstrued for hostility or an ***attack***. Sarcasm and satire are equally misconstrued or misunderstood.
    You can be blunt and still be at peace with yourself and the bretheren. Bluntness is not being negative.
    I believe in economy of words and getting straight to the point. This is not hostility (not being peaceful). Debate boards are for debate/discussion. Disagreement is natural and feelings or hurt need to be put aside for rational intercourse.

4. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

As for me, I'll try to get my point accross and make the extra effort to do it God's way.

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This topic is temporarily closed.

Clint Kritzer
    Administrator