1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why I became a calvinist

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Yeshua1, Jan 24, 2020.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No doubt, yet the wrath remains as seen in the pouring out of the Revelation bowls.

One is obligated to consider (as some holding to wrath poured out upon Christ) that the crucifixion was sufficient for all and effective for a few. I don’t find that presentation consistent with Scriptures either.

Therefore, because the wrath remains, the crucifixion cannot be only about the “wrath” part of penal substitution, rather reflect other valid presentations such as has been noted.

I do not dispute Christ was treated with wrath, the humans did all that prophets described and all that the demonic efforts could exert. He was victorious, the substitute, the redeemer, ....

It is also important to visit the very last written account to see God’s expressions at that final judgment.

That scene is not wrath, but of court judgment. Evidence is shown, and those condemned already are cast into an eternity of the second death and torment. Again not in wrath, but in judgment’s execution of the verdict of condemned in unbelief.

2. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That isn’t in doubt.

What I reject is that such wrath was from God in the form of some kind of rebuke.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God the Father saw Jesus while upon that Cross as sin bearer, so had to treat Him as being like chief of sinners!

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not true.

Christ remained “without sin” yet “carried our sins and sorrows.”

God had no reason to look upon His Son needing rebuke.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    he who knew no sin became sin for us, so at that time while upon the Cross, the father had to treat him Justas he had actually sinned! 'My God why have you forsaken me?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Isaiah 53:4-6 ESV
    Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Christ was the perfect lamb of God without spot or blemish. His sacrifice followed the pattern laid down in the law about sin offerings which had to be perfect. God laid the sin of the people upon the offering, for by the shedding of blood was the forgiveness of sin. So then Christ was made to become sin and received the death penalty as the soul that sins shall die so that we could live and not perish.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mysteries on thatCross is How the sinless Son of God became our sin bearer, and How God thew father actually had to view and treat him as being SIN, so he was treated as if really was guilty of our sins, and yet Jesus suffered for worms such as I!