1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why I do what I do the way I do it

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Really? Where has Luke2427 called anyone an heretic? Can you give a link to that, if not, let's just call this an accusation that is unfounded, and one that necessitates a Christian apology, OK?

You should've already been in prayer for the church the Lord has given him to pastor, and for all saints already.

Luke2427 is zealous for truth. Honestly, I cannot say I have garnered much learning, nor actual theological fodder from any of your posts to my recollection. Do you have anything edifying to add here? Yes? No?

#101 preacher4truth, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2011
  2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, you haven't heard?

3. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I am trying to ween myself from defending myself but I do think you should have given the context to this remark.

It was a response to a very ugly remark made to me.

I was not bragging but defending.

You ought to point that out, but shucks- you are willing to constantly misrepresent none other than SPURGEON.

I guess then it is way too much to expect you to represent somebody like me rightly.

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

'KJVO is, in my opinion, heresy. It is indicative of the corruption that, apparently, well nigh permeates "fundamentalism."' http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=74866

No one is forcing you to read my posts. All I read from you is your cheerleading drivel after Luke posts.

5. preacher4truth

I take that as a "no" in answer to my question.

6. matt wade

Funny how you said to me "Can you give a link to that, if not, let's just call this an accusation that is unfounded, and one that necessitates a Christian apology, OK?", and then just ignore that I gave a link where your hero did just what I said he did. Where's the apology for your unfounded accusation?

7. preacher4truth

In that link he didn't call any person an heretic anymore than you did. Relax matt, you're getting twisted over a forum. Chill.

8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh.

Bragging? Who said you were bragging?

:confused:

I gave the link to what you said. You gave NOTHING to support your false charge against me.

9. matt wade

I'm not twisted. I'm a happy camper and having a great time.

You are right..he didn't call any one person a heretic. He called an entire group of people heretics.

10. matt wade

He's just got a guilty conscience is all...

11. preacher4truth

Not really, he called the teachings heresy. There's a difference. All Christians have some teaching that is probably borderline heresy (false). Thankfully this is not determinitive upon ones salvation.

12. matt wade

You Calvinists are so used to twisting words that you do it automatically on just about every subject you speak on. I can't keep track of when I should plainly understand what you are saying or when I should look for the deeper meaning.

If a group of people follow a teaching that is heretical, that would make them heretics in my (and most people's) books. I guess when you are running apologetic for Luke though you need to twist some things around.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

Many years ago I saw a boxing match from Mexico. One fellow was an accomplished boxer, the other fellow looked like an beginner. It was the funniest fight I've ever seen, the inexperienced fighter was very aggressive, but the good boxer kept knocking him flat. But... they had no knockdown rule, and this fellow would hop up and go after the good boxer again. Within seconds he would get knocked flat again. This went on for about six rounds, they finally stopped the fight so the bad fighter wouldn't get himself killed. It was a hoot.

These debates remind me of that fight, the Cals keep getting knocked flat, but they are not smart enough to stay down.

By the way, I am King James only, does that mean Luke is calling me a heretic?

14. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I think that is highly possible. Highly.

15. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

That could be said about much of what you say, so you need to concentrate on policing your own self and quit taking up for others.

BTW, I do feel for Luke's congregation, but if that is what they think constitutes a good pastor, it's all on them.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Let me see if I got this right...if you are KJVO you are a heretic and in "darkness"...but if you believe and teach that God ordains, desires, decrees sin you are teaching orthodox Christianity? :confused:

Hyper cal's calling anything heresy should be taken with a grain of salt.

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Alas, alas, many make an iron ring of their doctrines and he who dares to step beyond that narrow circle is not reckoned orthodox. God bless heretics, then! God send us more of them! Many make theology into a kind of tread wheel consisting of five doctrines which are everlastingly rotated. For they never go on to anything else." —Charles Spurgeon, "Preach the Gospel"

18. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Amen to this. We are to preach much more in the Word of God than TULIP. And we are to preach it only after we have employed a humble and sound hermeneutic which includes studying the original languages, the immediate context, the literary genre of the piece, studying the piece in it's historical cultural setting, testing your interpretation in light of historical orthodox Christian theology, and the overall theology of the whole Bible.

If one has not done this then he should remain silent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.