1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is there a Resurgence of Reformed Theology?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Dec 16, 2010.

?
  1. Signs of the last days, false teaching has arisen

22.2%
  2. Dumbed-down shallow Theology is being rejected

55.6%
  3. Rejection of Arminian and/or Pelagian/Semi-pelagianism and the blurring of both

29.6%
  4. An honest look back on ones own salvation experience leads them this way

33.3%
  5. It Exalts the Sovereignty and Grace of God

51.9%
  6. Dissatisfaction with the Theology I/we grew up with

37.0%
  7. John Piper

14.8%
  8. Distribution of Puritan Writings on the rise have contributed to this

11.1%
  9. The "free will of man" teaching diminishes Gods Sovereignty

29.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why go through so much nonsense to simply answer a mere question on what you meant? :confused: Why the games?
    I never claimed to be any authority on the BB. I also will not use such immature means in not answering a question. If I say something and there needs clarification on what I meant, I will not resort to "if you want an answer, you tell me what so-and-so meant by ______ this statement". I can care less what kind of discussion you are having with anyone else.
    Why should I have to comment on what someone else says or means? Is the large font supposed to prove something? :) If you want to start another thread on "sound doctrine" and "spiritual darkness", be my guest.
    I see...so if someone else does something wrong, that gives you permission to follow suit?
    As do calvinists. I've had my salvation questioned numerous times here by a calvinist.
    First, is a "deficiency in doctrine" unsound doctrine? Second, you didn't answer the question about what "stepping out of darkness" means. I gave you how the Bible defines darkness, and you can say you don't question the salvation of the un-reformed, but based on your usage of the term, the Bible disagrees.
    Again, you don't state what "darkness" means...you just put it into quotes. Also, please stop with the accusations of "Arminian-types" questioning the salvation of you...like I said it goes both ways. Be somewhat consistent.
    What lesson...on how to avoid a direct question? You should run for congress :)

If you are going to plead to Scripture to prove "unsound doctrine" is questioning the salvation of calvinists, you better be just as consistent in your use of "darkness" in you questioning the salvation of the non.

#121 webdog, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
  2. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you didn't read: I in no way, shape, or form question the salvation of Arminians. Do I think their understanding is clear? No. Do I think there is a deficiency in their theology? Yes. Does that inclarity or deficiency mean that they are not Christians? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I abundantly explained that I do not believe "Darkness" in the way I used it was not intended to and did not mean unsaved.

The Archangel

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Webdog, I disagree with you on everything ... but I do admit that was a funny line...:tongue3: You otta be a comedian ! :smilewinkgrin:

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good thoughts. Interesting 3 main choices of people on the poll show what we "reformed Baptist types" have been saying for decades is still the thinking here.

Past the limit of pages, but appreciate all the comments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.