1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why is there evil in the world?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just may have to go over the border to see if that stuff is sold a tad cheaper than the $16.00 a 6 pack these pirates in NJ want to charge me. I will have to content myself with the Yingling lager.....a chilled mug is a great idea though.

2. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thought this sermon from Ron Comfort was interesting regarding this topic so I posted the link here for you to gander. I think he makes some very good points. http://www.ambassadors.edu/resources/Fruits_of_Calvinism.pdf
    He reitterates what I've been trying to point out with total depravity and my objection to it. Maybe he states it more clearly. Here is a snippit from his sermon.
    Exactly what I was try to state when I said.
    And I think he's right on with this statement.

#162 Thinkingstuff, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  3. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I am content with the explanation provided by the Garden of Eden portion of Genesis. Not that Genesis totally answers the question to my satisfaction. Beyond Genesis, the question of evil becomes a philosophical merry-go-round.

I am also content with the solution provided by Jesus.

...Bob

4. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

I'll give that two amens and a:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.