1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why so many non-Baptist?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ChrisTheSaved, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisTheSaved

ChrisTheSaved Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do we have so many non-Baptist on the board here? They are some of the most vocal anti-Baptist people around. They consistently attack commonly held doctrines and make it appear as though we are extremely divided. I see it a lot with the Calvinist, what kind of person goes onto a Baptist discussion forum when they are not a Baptist?

Thoughts?

2. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you opposed to Calvinists or non-Baptist Calvinists?

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a baptist discussion board with a section for all denominations. Some like to discuss things with other denominations. Some do not. Since I have been here (about 18 years) we have always had a section for non-Baptists (although what comprises that section has varied).

4. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist

Just seems odd to have a section that allows others to inflict damage upon Baptist they clearly do not agree with..no?

5. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism is not real. After years in Seminary, years studying the word and teaching at a seminary...Calvinist always need for there to be more. They are never ok with the clear message in the Bible, they are one step away from speaking in tongues for attention. No such thing as a Calvinist that's a Baptist. Made up.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists are not real? Are you saying that I am not real?

Calvinists need something more? I find that to be just the opposite. When, for the 20+ years that I was not a Calvinist, I was always searching for more - for something else. It wasn't until I came to understand the truth of God's sovereignty in election that I stopped looking for more and was content with Christ alone.

It seems that you are very angry. Is that specifically regarding Calvinists or are you angry with something else?

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It goes both ways I suppose. I prefer the Baptist Only Section.

8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. Birds of a feather. . .

I prefer taking people who think as I do, but that gets boring. Echo chambers initially are gratifying, but they have no ability to sharpen us, so I also like engaging with people who hold wordviews other than mine.

At the end of the day, I agree with you. I really do, but I also disagree with you. Restricting these discussions to our own kind is like eating fast food. Its cheap and easy, but not great for for our health. Interaction with people outside of our circle is like eating a kale salad. It's bitter and tough, but good for your heart. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand. I enjoy interacting with Baptists because of what we do have on common while debating our differences.

I find too much uncommon ground with non-Baptists to argue doctrine (perhaps depending on the do trine). But I do like learning about other denominations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist

Jesus is enough for me and will always be and no I mean Calvinism is not real (Not you lol). When you have to alter what basic words mean, then its not real. Please, I don't want to go down this path, a different thread perhaps?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear you. Friends are those of whom we can say, "you too?". A common like or dislike is what friendships are built upon.

• Like Like x 2
  12. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll leave it alone after this, but you've unfairly framed this with things like: "Jesus is enough for me" implying that He is not enough for me, and that is quite unfair and of course, untrue.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I'm not angry. I do have the flu though, brutal...now my wife and five year old have it as well. I was not singling Calvinist out...its the non Baptist group that attacks Baptist at every turn and mocks them on a Baptist board. Seems odd, its like letting illegals in and them having them tell you everything wrong with the US.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ChrisTheSaved

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I just re-read your post and I completely misread that. I am so sorry! It must be the flu vison, I thought you said you were needing more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying for a quick recovery.

• Like Like x 1
  16. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread closed. Complaints about policies should be taken up with the moderators and administrators.

#16 rsr, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.