1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why would someone

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by agedman, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What other vaccine has used it?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know long-term effects.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cuimo, Biden, and Kamala all said no.

I believe Nancy said no as well under Trump

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on my current understanding of the situation so far...
    Because for the most part, the CoVID-19 vaccines that they are trying to mandate across the world are:

A) designed using a new bio-technology ( versus the old "tried and true" methods using inactive or dead virus samples ) not even tried on a wide scale and on major populations until now.
    B) designed using a new bio-technology that has not had sufficient time, IMO, to acquire much-needed empirical data to determine true performance.
    C) designed using new technology that had little time for thorough trials before widespread adoption.
    D) designed using new technology which is only now having reports of serious side-effects; and even though these side effects ( and sometimes debilitating effects ) are not widespread, they are of mounting concern...especially among women.
    E) being pushed and mandated far too fast and hard for anyone to slow down and take a good, long look at any of the above.

CoVID-19 was and is the first time that I have heard of the widespread usage of mRNA and DNA technology to produce any major vaccine.

#44 Dave G, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many people do, and I don't blame you for not knowing that this latest crop of vaccines are not the same as what we grew up with, technology-wise.
    They are far newer in design, and very little is publicly and practically known about how the human body reacts to mRNA / DNA technology.

I for one do not trust them,
    and the speed at which they are now almost being forced upon the world's population, tells me that this is most probably not genuinely a matter of people's health and welfare, individually...
    It's about getting them vaccinated at all costs, even if it means coercion and imposed restrictions until compliance is achieved.

To me, it's eerie to watch public ( and even private ) entities only increasing their mandating of a set of vaccines that simply does not stop people from getting sick when exposed to the current "delta" strain of SARS-CoV2.

For example, there are two people just in my department, who were vaccinated this past spring and are now out sick with CoVID-19;
    One of them is starting her 3rd week of absence.
    Also, one person in my department, roughly my own age, has been in and out of both home and hospital recuperation repeatedly since being vaccinated this past spring.

Finally, my plant has also gone back to all of its workers being required to wear masks, vaccinated or unvaccinated...
    which I've never understood the distinction anyway, since masks don't completely prevent the spread of viruses, and unvaccinated people, especially those who have already had CoVID-19, pose little to no threat to those who are vaccinated.

If that doesn't convey the message of the current vaccines not being fully effective against "delta", then I do not know what does...
    and to me there's no point in getting vaccinated if I'm only going to get sick and be required to get tested and quarantine ( until symptoms subside ) anyway, which is our company's current policy for anyone who even remotely has any of the symptoms of CovID-19.

Besides, God created the human immune system to help ward off illnesses.
    I've been blessed with a fairly strong one, so I've made it a practice to let His "system" do the job, instead of being vaccinated against many illnesses such as influenza over the years.
    I would much prefer to do that, and let those who don't have a strong immune system exercise their own freedom of choice and get vaccinated... if they deem it necessary and wise.

At the end of the day, I'm a Christian and I'd like to trust the Lord first with what things He has given me, before I seek further help from the sciences.

#45 Dave G, Sep 15, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not the point - you said the vaccines were a "new technology" - that is not true.

7. Reformed1689

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it has never been actually used it is still new. Untested.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marines have been accepting manditory vaccines for decades.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The technology has been used for quite some time. The vaccine is fairly new (it has been around for about a year).

If we never used a new vaccine we would never have a vaccine.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No.

The technology is not new even if it has not been used.

Suppose I spend 20 years developing a new rocket engine - I design it taking into account how it will be used in the future. I test it by simulation. Then I build an engine and test it in the lab. And I refine and rework it based on the results.

One would have to be deliberately obtuse to argue that this is a new technology simply because it has never been strapped on to a real rocket and sent into space.

Like almost all your colleagues, you are bending the truth.

11. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Very interesting! -- Scott - you know are a racist - that post said the "C" word! :Biggrin

• Like Like x 1
  13. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Masks are a psyop, a tool to manipulate the imaginations of the public by the government. Designed of course to further enforce submission and control towards compliance with in this case the plandemic, vaccine and really further governmental powers to enforce major societal changes, such as the great reset, which the WEF (Klaus Schwab, think Ernst Stavro Blofeld) and his cohorts who want to dominate the world with their plans of world control and governance.

In essence they want to take over the rulership of the world to form a one world government. Never let a (created crisis) go to waste.
    I know seems comical, but the truth is often revealed in the things people say. And he and they have said plenty!
    Same old story of taking over the world, destroy nationalism, and replace with corporatism with technocracy to control world populations, growth, who gets to do what etc..

All of this are preludes, first steps towards the revealing of the Antichrist total world dominance and control and command structure of the end of the last days.

(15) Ernst 'Klaus Schwab' Blofeld - YouTube

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @agedman :
    A bit more of my own research as I'm looking into this subject...

Most of the vaccines ( and I say that with a bit of a :Unsure ) currently available to combat CoVID-19, are not vaccines in the traditional sense.
    In effect and because of the technology used to develop them, they mostly lean ( and I might add, "heavily" in my opinion ) in the direction of gene therapy:

Gene Therapy Solutions | Thermo Fisher Scientific - US
    How does Gene Therapy Work | Types of Gene Therapy
    What is gene therapy?: MedlinePlus Genetics
    Gene therapy - Mayo Clinic

Here are the current types of vaccines and their technologies developed to counter the spread of SARS-CoV2 and its condition, named "CoVID-19":
    The four types of COVID-19 vaccine – a snapshot

1) Whole virus ( uses the actual virus ).
    2) mRNA ( messenger Ribo-Nucleic Acid ).
    3) DNA ( Deoxyribo-Nucleic Acid ).
    4) Protein Subunit ( uses a piece of the actual virus ).

Up until very recently in terms of vaccine development and distribution,
    both # 1 ( whole virus vaccine ) and # 4 ( protein subunit ) were historically the main types of vaccination technologies that we as Americans ( and most other countries ) have come to know as "vaccines".

#54 Dave G, Sep 17, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  15. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently with the advent of CoVID-19, other technologies that have been in development for years have been brought to the forefront in an effort to speed up vaccine development time and to provide for viable alternatives to items 1 and 4 above.

This has resulted in a much faster start-to-finish development time ( including trials and regulatory approval ) of less than 1/2 ( to as much as 1/4 ) of the time that it has taken in the past using the older technologies.
    As a sample of what is involved with one of these newer technologies,
    Here is an article about the Johnson and Johnson "vaccine" from the New York Times:

How the Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Works

The newer technologies interact directly with the RNA and / or DNA in a person's cells to basically manipulate or provoke them into assembling the "spike protein" that the virus consists of.
    In the process, the spike proteins then trigger an auto-immune response and the body begins to manufacture anti-bodies to help fight the infection...

That isn't really there and never has been.

So, rather than allow the body to have a "glimpse" of the real thing like items 1 and 4 above ( and force people who rely on vaccines to wait the longer development time than the other methods take ),
    people now have an alternative method that takes far less time and doesn't involve the introduction of the actual virus to the body.

#55 Dave G, Sep 17, 2021
  16. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now for what I consider to be of particular interest:

These new technologies effectively sidestep what God created in the way of an auto-immune process or response that reacts to actual invaders,
    and manipulates the cells into manufacturing certain components of a virus that the body has never had exposure to.

The positive or "plus" side of this process and the accompanying technologies is that the medical field no longer has to wait for people to contract an illness caused by a virus ( and then wait even longer to develop a vaccine to counteract that illness )...and it now has a weapon that can be made ready to fight against something that may be risky or even deadly to anyone exposed to it, without that person even being exposed in any way to the actual contagion.

The negative or "minus" side of this whole process is that science really does not have all that much in the way of hard facts and collected data from large-scale trials behind these newer technologies,
    and there are many side effects ( and worse ) that are only now beginning to surface and grow in number as more and more people get "vaccinated" and their bodies react to a process that God did not design.

In other words, there are both positive and negative aspects of these newer technologies,
    and some of the negatives are proving to be far worse than initially anticipated;

One of the "negatives" is that we as men are messing with things that we really do not yet understand, from my perspective, and that may very well backfire in our collective faces if this is allowed to proceed.

#56 Dave G, Sep 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So,
    If someone were to ask me why I'm not getting "vaccinated" with the ones that my government has recently approved,
    I may tell them that it's because I'm not really interested in participating in what amounts to, in my mind, as a form of gene therapy,
    And that I have no obligation to be party to what is essentially a medical experiment with my health and welfare ( including my job ) at stake, simply because they want to stop or slow down the spread of a virus in a manner that very nearly runs over the patient in the process...

Or I may not.

If someone were to develop ones using the older technologies described in items 1 and 4 above,
    I may consider taking advantage of them and becoming vaccinated;
    But similar to influenza, I realize that any new variant could render prior vaccines using these technologies essentially useless, until others can be developed to counter them.

That said,
    I have always understood that the aim of the medical profession has always been to "Do No Harm",
    and I'm sorry to say that in my opinion, some of the things that have occurred over the past year and a half with respect to SARS-CoVID2 and CoVID-19 have only lessened any confidence that I had towards the medical profession in general, and in other entities that have participated in this in particular.

The doctors, nurses and other people that are beginning to stand up against these "vaccines" ( and have even advocated alternative treatments to CoVID-19 than what are being sponsored ( and even pushed ) by this world's governments ), have my admiration...
    even though it's very likely that they will either eventually be silenced, or suffer much loss for their stand.

To the people that have already received these "vaccines",
    I truly hope that they never have to go through some of the debilitating side effects that a small portion of the public is already suffering with, or deal with the blood clots, strokes and reproductive problems that are being reported in some cases.

I also hope that vaccine mandates cease to be something that people are threatened with simply because a portion of the public is willing to do whatever it takes to stop something that has historically proven to be unstoppable... no matter what mankind has tried in the past.

Apologies for the long replies, and I urge you to please do your own research.
    These are my own observations and opinions, and are subject to change as I am made aware of more information.

May God bless you greatly in the coming days and weeks ahead.:)

#57 Dave G, Sep 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And in the past when we used a new vaccine we pulled it after causing a small number of deaths. What is the acceptable number of deaths for this one? It is estimated that the actual numbers are 10x what is showing on vaers, & this can be attributed to doctors having to spend half an hour each to do a report, & then sign under threat to lose their license if not proven correct. When the ‘rules’ say obtuse things like not after 3 days, or not considered vaxxed until after 14 days, you can see the pressure that is put on them to not report or go against the organization. Also pressure on them not to prescribe certain treatments that are not ‘accepted’. If these treatments are not causing death, like the shots, what could be the reason? The reason is it’s not about the people, it’s about the desired outcome.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No we didn't. People can still die of the flu vaccine, the pneumonia vaccine and the measles vaccine. In fact, pneumonia is a possible side effect of the pneumonia vaccine!

In fact, VAERS reports much more adverse effects with the measles vaccine than the covid vaccines combined.

20. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess you just get to say stuff, because you keep doing it. In fact, in fact, in fact. In fact maybe people who get the vax are causing covid, you know, like the pneumonia shot you referenced. The last shot that was pulled…….wait for it…..was the swine flu vax, in ‘76, after 53 deaths the entire program was cancelled.