1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Matt Black, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So you just have ad hominems. Are you able to address any of the actual points?

2. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Your 'argument ' is equivalent to "let's not worry about young women getting murdered because plenty of them will get raped anyway ".

I'm sure there are Imams in Africa who would say the same about those who are against FGM

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or it could be the problem is you are a drinker and don't want your ox gored, even though it's far more dangerous to the lives of young people than guns could ever be.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The depth of you ignorance on "assault weapons" has already been acknowledged and addressed.

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Semi-automatic firearms is 100 year old plus technology. Many guns are semi-automatic like the Ruger 10-22 semi-auto .22 caliber rifle, or semi-auto shotguns, or semi-auto handguns. I see no problem with civilians owning these types of firearms. They are easy to handle and fun to shoot.

#25 Adonia, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    6 Reasons Your Right-Wing Friend Isn’t Budging On Gun Control
    There are several reasons 2A advocates aren’t running to your side of the argument, and it might not be the ones you think.

My personal favorite and another particularly appropriate for this thread.

3. The Loudest Voices Are Often the Most Ignorant
    Whether it is an explosive news story or a late-night show host, journalists and celebrities are pretty ignorant about guns. I can see why the Left constantly feels right-wingers are deflecting the gun debate because we get pedantic at details, constantly correcting things like the inappropriate labeling of “assault rifles.” While this is an extremely emotional issue after a tragedy, it’s also a policy debate.

5. We Seriously Don’t Care About Gun Laws in Other Countries
    We really, really don’t. That, of course, is because of the Second Amendment. The countries often brought up in the gun control debate not only have less than conclusive results (see the above link) but they don’t recognize personal possession of a firearm as a constitutional right.

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you want me to disarm myself so that the protection of my family is solely in the hands of the same law enforcement that ignored the multiple warnings on this shooter?

Aaaaah...no thanks.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    FBI Admits It Mishandled Tip On Florida Shooter

The FBI failed to follow proper protocols after a person close to Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz called the FBI tipline to warn that Cruz had a “desire to kill people” and could carry out a school shooting, the agency said in a statement on Friday.
    The agency failed to act on the tip, which came a little over a month before Cruz killed 17 people at a Parkland, Florida high school this week.

The FBI’s statement is below:
    On January 5, 2018, a person close to Nikolas Cruz contacted the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to report concerns about him. The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting. Under established protocols, the information provided by the caller should have been assessed as a potential threat to life. The information then should have been forwarded to the FBI Miami Field Office, where appropriate investigative steps would have been taken. We have determined that these protocols were not followed for the information received by the PAL on January 5. The information was not provided to the Miami Field Office, and no further investigation was conducted at that time.

9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not only does the Federal Constitution protect our 2nd Amendment rights, but many state constitutions also do the same. I can understand that it's hard for you to comprehend this policy because the English people have been so controlled and browbeaten through the years by various British governments, that this concept of individual liberty has been destroyed.

You need to understand that here in America there is no legal requirement for the police to protect the individual, thus the legal concept of "self-defense" is pretty much universally respected. In England I hear the authorities are more apt to arrest the victim should he try to defend himself, right?

As for abortion, that was legalized by liberal jurists on the Supreme Court - it was made out of whole cloth for heavens sake! Such a thing is not mentioned in the Federal compact and as such it should have been left to the individual states to decide through the legislative process.

No one hates the killing of children more than the people who seek to see that all of our constitutional rights are respected. We cringe every time this happens and now we see that all of the outrage from the Democrats and the left is now directed against the gun and the NRA, not the actual shooter.

Please look at Venezuela, if they had a 2nd Amendment do you think that Nicolas Maduro, the person who with his leftist supporters has virtually destroyed the whole nation would still be in power? I think not! And sad to say, we have the same leftists here in America who would like to do the same.

Our Founding Fathers knew full well what could happen to any nation over time and this is what firearms ownership is all about. It's all about the bigger picture, not the snippets that we see here and there.

#29 Adonia, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, 17 people were killed by this evil man with a gun and I agree that is a terrible thing. At the same time hundreds, yes I said hundreds, of citizens - adults AND children - are killed by illegals here in America yet the Democrats and their fellow travelers seem to have no problem at all with this happening. In fact, they are doing everything they can to protect them. Why?

11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thing. An assault rifle, by definition, is select fire.
    No, that is the fault of the anti-constitution, anti-self defense crazies who have created killing fields in out schools because they are too dumb to know criminals don't obey "No Guns" signs.

You will have to take that up with him. Read the Federal Firearms Act of 1938 which was replaced by the Gun Control Act of 1968 which continued the prohibition.

12. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Someone tell me why it's legal for anyone to purchase alcohol, seeing that drunks do stuff like beating their wives and kids and killing thousands of people from behind the wheel of a car? Why is it legal for the GOVERNMENT to force our children to attend schools where they indoctrinate them into believing they are nothing more than ANIMALS evolved from lower life forms and effectively teaching them that there is no God and no moral responsibility? Why is it legal to make and sell movies video games full of violence for kids to fill their brains with? Why is it legal to murder millions of unborn children in gruesome and despicable ways? And why is it legal to fund it with taxpayer dollars? Why is it ILLEGAL for school personnel as well as others in so called "gun free zones" to carry concealed weapons to defend themselves and their students? I mean, why do YOU trust your government to have weapons but you don't trust your law abiding neighbor to do the same?

Hey, I will let you in on a secret. If it were up to me, EVERY gun, bomb or slingshot on this planet would disappear tomorrow but I know that is never going to happen because there is evil in this world. As long as the lion has fangs the antelope will always need horns.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My mini 30 looks just like the mini 14 and fires 7.62 and my Colt AR 15 fires 5,56/.223.

The AR is more accurate, but the Mini is a lot of fun and I can hit what I shoot at with either one. One is just as lethal as the other, no matter what they look like.

Neither one has jumped out of the gun safe and killed anyone

Just sayin'....

15. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The AR-15 should not be the only weapon that concerns you. A person with evil intent can use any gun to assault another person or group of people. Therefore, why not outlaw all guns resulting in only outlaws having guns? Not for me. I'll support our 2nd amendment. A good person with a gun is a good way to stop an evil person with a gun.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The left's solution is always the same. Take the guns away from law abiding citizens. It makes no sense at all, until you realize their real goal is total gun confiscation of all legally owned firearms, leaving all the guns in the hands of the bad guys.

17. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

... thing, including loved ones [like Eve to Adam, Absalom to David, Judas to Jesus], including the media, to assault another person or people group, or even an whole nation, or, in satan's case, a whole world - ours.

18. Matt Black

Site Supporter

So how many schoolkids have to die before you change your mind?

And I'm sure African Muslim matriarchs have the same "we dont care what others think of us" two fingers up to the rest of the world attitude as right wing American gun nuts. Doesn't make either of you right.[/QUOTE]

#38 Matt Black, Feb 19, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  19. Matt Black

Site Supporter

That demonstrates a problem with policing and doesn't detract from your problem with guns. Fix the police and then fix the guns.

20. Matt Black

Site Supporter

No one has browbeaten us: we live in a democracy and successive governments, elected by us, have legislated to protect us from gun nuts wielding what had up until then been legally held mass murder weapons. And I for one am.extremely glad they did it.

Ok thats quite shocking that the police don't owe you a duty of care. Like i said, fix your police and then fix the gun problem. And don't believe all you read in Breitbart about the police charging victims: what often happens is that the police, coming on a scene of an immediately committed violent assault, will arrest both parties as a precaution, interview both and other witnesses, then charge the perp and release the victim.

And we do have a well established principle of self defence here in law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.