1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 450 pm EDT / 150 pm PDT

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A false statement from you.

You certainly think both of these things about me. Yet, others agree with me while not so much with you.

You don't know the truth, but instead preach salvation by merited works. I am not blind to your teaching.

Another demonstrably false statement from you

Yet another false statement from you.

No, you don't wish me well. You wish me to deny the gospel of grace and pick up the non-gospel of works salvation, which is your self-proclaimed doctrine.

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually you are wrong, I do wish you well and that can only come about when you actually trust what the bible says. Your denial of scripture is well known.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Silverhair, I can repeat all day that I trust what the Bible says. I do not trust your interpretation of the Bible, and whether you will acknowledge it or not, you are presenting your interpretation of the Bible.
    I, as well as many others, recognize your interpretation to be graceless and biblically unsound.

My denial of your merited salvation theology is well known. It is agreed upon by many at the BB. It is not agreed upon by you. This is precisely because you do not understand the grace of God in salvation but instead have a different gospel.

Those who are destined to a false gospel will follow you as they spurn the saving grace of God while striving for a merited salvation.

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I present scripture that shows that those that hear and believe are saved by God you keep saying that is another gospel. Man has a God given free will that you reject. But you hold to the false idea that God has to drop faith into you after you are saved so you will believe, that is not biblical. I have pointed out to you the biblical texts that show you your error but you continue to deny scripture.

Faith is not a work as you well know, since you claim to know scripture, yet you deny this.

Faith is not a work. God has placed a condition on salvation. That condition is faith in Christ Jesus.
    We see the conditional salvation from the beginning with Abraham.
    Gen_15:6
    Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.
    Abraham's faith was not a work but it was something that he had to do. God did not do it for him did He?

In the NT we see this same righteousness can be ours through faith.
    Rom_3:22
    even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Now lest you think that I am talking about some form of works/merit for salvation let us look at
    Gal_2:16
    nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Paul tells us in plain language that those that trust in Christ Jesus will be saved
    Rom_10:13
    for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

But you may ask why would they call on the Lord but Paul anticipated that question and provided the answer
    Rom_10:14
    How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?

So we see that the order of salvation is clearly shown in scripture.
    Hearing → Believing → Calling → Salvation

Faith is not a work it is not merit it does not even save us but it is the condition of our salvation. We are saved by Gods' grace because of our faith in Christ Jesus. Salvation is Gods' gift to us and we praise Him for it.
    Eph_2:8
    For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Paul has made a clear contrast between faith and work yet you still do not accept this as a biblical truth. Your calvinism has blinded you to the truth. Throw out your calvinist philosophy and start trusting in the bible alone.

Rom 4:4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
    Rom 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness,

#185 Silverhair, Jul 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  6. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin I am sorry that you have such a struggle with believing the scripture as the Holy Spirit gave it to us. Your errant view is holding you back from the truth. Trust the bible.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.