1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wild thought:

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Steve Allen, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Steve Allen

Steve Allen Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    (Disclaimer: I know this is "out there" or even "silly". I'm having some fun here because I like to seriously consider "out there" stuff every once in a while, because how else are paradigms gonna shift/innovate?)

What if "electricity" is actually spirit body? Not "the Spirit", because electricity, by virtue of being a stream of electrons, is a created thing. But perhaps electrical current/potential forms the "stuff" of the spirits of men and angels? After all, "I beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven." And, "He maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire."

"flame of fire" here is πυρὸς φλόγα, or "pyros phloga". Pyros, here translated "of fire", is Strong's G4442, which says (emphasis mine):

And phloga, here translated "flame", is Strong's G5395 (again, emphasis mine):

So this could be justly translated, "Who maketh His angels spirits, His ministers a flash of lightning."

Spirits (except God) are not uncreated, but created, and have material bodies, although their bodies are immaterial relative to ours, being made (according to the Fathers) of "lighter stuff".

So ... like ... what if all our electrical technology is actually capturing spirits and forcing them to perform slave labor? That would explain why computers are so darn cantankerous.

It would also explain the angels of the four winds with reference to the geomagnetic field. And a host of other "scientific" kinds of things could be likewise reinterpreted. Maybe the bodies of the angels that left their first estate and are now in Tartarus waiting the Judgment of the Great Day are the source of the earth's magnetic field? The center of the earth certainly fits the description of Tartarus, and also of the bottomless pit!

Which would go a long way toward explaining why the earth is so out of whack now...

... and ... maybe the angels of the bottomless pit have been/are being loosed?

No, I'm not high. :p

#1 Steve Allen, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does not seem scriptural, but does read like the plot for a good sci fi book and movie!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Steve Allen

Steve Allen Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This would also help us understand Ball Lightning.

See particularly 0:37 in this video:

4. Steve Allen

Steve Allen Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Also, Ezekiel 1:44, 27; 8:2 all describe something specifically electrical in properties, with something "the color of amber" in the middle of the flashing and brightness.

There is a reason we call electrons "electrons", after all, right? Because amber ("elector" in Greek) can be rubbed to produce static electricity -- a fact of which the ancients were quite aware.

"Amber" in Ezekiel is "electrou." So you have something the color of amber flashing and brilliant and on fire, and it's called at the beginning of the verse a "spirit".

I think I have a great sci-fi premise in the works here! :)

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember to bring in the Tardis and the DR here!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And batteries are spirits that are in prison.

And when a person repents and is regenerated, that is God reversing the polarity.

Hey, this is fun!

(Now, what is analog of the conversion of light into electricity?)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Steve Allen

Steve Allen Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :Thumbsup

Would that be "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light"?

:Cool

8. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many years ago, I turned in a paper for a physics assignment that got an "A", but it also had the teacher questioning whether I should receive professional help. I made the thesis that we cannot actually see a thing, only its reflection. As proof, I used the example of a person in a room filled with furniture that was completely cut off from any form of internal or external light. The interior of the room was completely dark. Without some form of light, it would be impossible to see anything in the room, even though the room was filled with objects. Once light was allowed to enter the room, the person would be able to see. My thesis was that all we can see is the reflection of light off of an object, not the actual object itself. Even if the reflection is 99.99% true to the object, we still can only see a reflection. My teacher asked me to stay after class to discuss my paper. As I recall, his words to me were, "I'm giving you an "A" because your idea is original, well presented, and your paper is in the correct format. However, an idea like this makes you either a genius or someone that society should be worried about." Well, I'm not a genius, so...

• Like Like x 1
  9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't see any logical argument against this idea; or his conclusion! :Thumbsup
    So fill us in - which either/or of the prof is correct!?:Biggrin

• Like Like x 1