1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will a Christian ever go to hell?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by James_Newman, Sep 4, 2004.

1. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Michelle, you are overlooking the fact that we have been given power to overcome sin! If we sin willfully, it is likely because we do not believe we can resist sin. We can, God's grace is sufficient! To say that someone who is truly saved will overcome a sin eventually is denying the fact that God has given you the grace to overcome that sin NOW! If you truly repent and want to overcome and reign with Christ, there is nothing stopping you from putting on your new man, and putting off sin. It is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom! He wants us to overcome, and has given us everything we need to do it, but you have to believe it, thats where faith comes in.

2. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Every man is sanctified by the blood of Christ, but not EVERY man accepts it.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle </font>[/QUOTE]That is a stretch and twisting of what is plainly written. No man is sanctified unless he accepts it. Once he accepts it he is eternally sanctified. Now he has the power to obey, to repent, and to show forth good works if he chooses to. He must choose to be obedient in order to be rewarded. (see Esau) What does reward mean? How do you win a prize or earn a crown?

Your "gospel" is too hard, too complicated, and too convaluted. Have you been reading John Macarther books? It reeks of lordship salvation.

lacy

3. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    With your doctrine of "If you are really saved . . .", I think everyone would have these kinds of thoughts. How can you ever be saved if you have to have good fruit to know if you are "really" saved. The poor humble person would judge his fruit unworthy and never have assurance. While the proud would say, "I'm OK. My fruit is fine. I never killed anybody"

This is where you are confused. The christian does not judge his fruits. The Lord in Him does. The Lord convicts us in the heart, and we FOLLOW his LEAD. If we are not truly saved, we do not truly follow our Lord. This is how we know who is following and who is not. Yes, I am to judge others spiritually, by and through the Spirit. We are also told to test our own FAITH. How and why does one do this? Is this judging our works? No, it is putting FAITH AND TRUST in Jesus Christ to show us and help us overcome, what He has brought to our awareness. We are to be humble, and one of the ways one is humble naturally as a saved person, is to recognize he is still in the flesh, in sin, and needs the POWER AND STRENGTH of Jesus Christ to overcome and believes He will do it. I would be haughty and high minded, if I thought I did not, or could do this on my own strength and power and have already attained the perfect man on my own. I have trust and faith that Jesus Christ will show me, and also help me to overcome and Has the Power to do it, and to keep me. Therefore, I am at peace. Are you? I also know that I will not EVER SUFFER in HELL, to which is separation from God for all eternity. This I also am at peace with. How? but by the Holy Spirit who is in me. Are you?

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

4. michelle

michelle New Member

Michelle, you are overlooking the fact that we have been given power to overcome sin! If we sin willfully, it is likely because we do not believe we can resist sin. We can, God's grace is sufficient! To say that someone who is truly saved will overcome a sin eventually is denying the fact that God has given you the grace to overcome that sin NOW! If you truly repent and want to overcome and reign with Christ, there is nothing stopping you from putting on your new man, and putting off sin. It is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom! He wants us to overcome, and has given us everything we need to do it, but you have to believe it, thats where faith comes in.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm....excuse me, but this IS what I have been saying ALL ALONG! It is you, rather who is making excuses for those who are NOT TRULY SAVED, saying they must pay a punishment for sins (that apparently the Lord in them, did not have power to give them to overcome) in HELL. You are the one believing a false doctrine, and then telling me I am wrong, while at the same time by your own belief have DENIED THE POWER OF JESUS CHRIST, and his GRACE!

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread has passed the mandatory cut-off limit of 20 pages.

Thread closed.