1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will all believers reign with Christ or only the faithful?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, May 20, 2022.

1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my watching of sermons and reading of commentaries, I have been met with two conflicting views: the first, that every believer will reign with Christ, that these are the elect; the second, that only the faithful will reign with Christ, that these are the elect. Regardless, we know that all believers will live with Him in His kingdom, whatever the quality of that faith must be.

What is your opinion, and to what scripture can you point for proof of your view?

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 12:14 (Amp Bible)

Continually pursue peace with everyone, and the sanctification without which no one will [ever] see the Lord

3. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So one's entrance into Christ's kingdom does not guarantee them seeing the Lord?

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just so you know a group came on the board some years back and espoused the latter very strongly they were banned from the board. I would post carefully on this topic.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Timothy 2:11-13 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

I think it's both hilarious and tragic, that those who espouse the logical conclusion of Dispensational Premillennialism are banned by those who claim to be Dispensational Premillennialists.

7. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are there so many on this board who are opposed to the view that, not all believers, but only those who will reign with Christ, are the elect?

Is Baptist Theology typically against this doctrine?

Perhaps I misinterpreted something in a commentary on Romans I've had for a long time, a commentary I ordered from GES.

#7 Guido, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
  8. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, the commentary is from GES, but I ordered it from Amazon.