1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

will Christians be held responsible

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by massdak, May 12, 2003.

1. bapterian

bapterian New Member

she must be in some type of cultic religion

I just read in the Dallas Morning News (5/13/03, main section, p.4) that she is a member of First Assembly of God in Tyler, TX.

2. christine

christine New Member

I do believe God gives punishment and reward both here and there.
    I too have been thru alot in my life, some of it may have been punishment, but good and bad happen to the saved and unsaved alike.
    I don't blame all my tough times on punishment, things just happen sometimes.
    However, I don't think I am being self-righteous in saying that anyone that would hurt their children deserve punishment.
    I will never be as "good" of a christian as God would want, our goal is to strive for Godliness.
    Christine

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

hummm, put to death, not for a current crime but for possible future crimes. Now is that right, or even legal? Think not.

4. christine

christine New Member

Hi Katie,
    Actually how many times has someone gotten "life" in prison, and twenty years later they get out and go and kill again.
    I did see on Geraldo once, a woman killed her baby by beating it to death. Spent ten yrs in prison, got out and had a couple more kids.
    She should get the death sentence for what she did, but surely it would prevent her from doing it again.
    Christine

5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Christine; More and more states are passing the "Truth in Sentencing" Law. That means that if you are sentenced to 10 years...you serve 10 years. If you are sentenced to life...you serve life. There is no chance for early parole in these states. I'm not sure if they have this in Texas or not.

[​IMG]
    Sue

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

You can not punish and kill someone for a crime they have not done. That is unconstutional, and more communist then american. You also can not base what you do with one person on another person, thats asking them to be responsable and answerable for the actions of someone else, well someone else got out of prison and did another crime, so you might to, so we're just going to kill you to amke sure you don't do what someone else did. Sounds real leagal and american dosn't it?