1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will the Jews build a Third Temple?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try reading & understanding my posts before you answer.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is hard to understand how you think that Messiah made an end to sins, etc.

3. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is blasphemous to accept your teaching that the LORD Jesus Christ failed to finish the work given him by his Father.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Jhn 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

Jhn 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.

Jhn 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Jhn 19:30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

4. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try reading & understanding Psalm 103 before you reply further.

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, there you go again. Are you really saying that there is an end to sins on earth. I don't know how many times that you have declined to acknowledge the question let alone answer it. Clearly, Messiah was cut off before the Garden of Eden was restored or before there was Heaven on earth. Mankind is still sunk in sin except now there is grace if mankind accepts it and most do not. Maybe you should read this again before you answer:

Daniel 9:24 (KJV) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, since you don't say how this relates to Daniel 9:24, I will post it for you and you can explain how the human situation is any different between King David and us except that we no longer have to shed the blood of animals since Jesus shed His Blood. There is no end of sins, no finishing of transgression, no everlasting righteousness in man. There are many prophecies to yet be fulfilled and perhaps everlasting righteousness refers to the next world.

103 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

6 The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

20 Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21 Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22 Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.

7. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    THe Psalm is written as David's PRESENT experience. The experience of the LORD's redeemed people is the knowledge that we ARE in God's sight sinless & welcome in heaven when we die.

We know also that the LORD does reign.

I have highlighted verses that relate directly to Gabriel's prophecy in the experience of David, who knew only the sacrifices given through Moses. Many of the Psalms are Messianic prophecy.

You have never attempted to answer why Jesus failed with regard to the 70 week prophecy - now running on for 2500 years & running over for 2,000 years.

Nor have you suggested a possible fulfilment that would have seen around AD 35 - the end of sins, the finishing of transgression, and everlasting righteousness in man.

The simple answer to your rejection of the fulfilment of the prophecy by the LORD Jesus Christ is that you do not know David's experience - an experience shared by all God's redeemed people.

What we must acknowledge is that David's experience & ours is spiritual in this life & only perfect, physical & spiritual, in the NH&NE. Only then will earth be sinless. God has a people to redeem by the Gospel in this present age. The saving work of Dan. 9 is FINISHED but is being applied in time.

Had Jesus in AD 35 finished sin on earth, the final events of 2 Peter 3 would have happened then. As it is, they will happen when Jesus returns.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So there is no end of sins on earth yet.

9. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning
    This thread will be closed sometime after 3:20 AM Pacific.

10. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To reply - and then to continue in a new thread -
    Are you a Pharisee - looking for a visible, carnal kingdom, when it IS invisible & spiritual?

Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: :21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.​

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean? All I am asking you is yes or no because you seem to think that the Second Advent has occurred but you have no evidence of either that event or the Anti-Christ defiling the Temple, which is the reason that we know that there will be a 3rd Temple.

12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.