1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Will Tr:mp present evidence of election fraud at his impeachment trial?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by canadyjd, Jan 11, 2021.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot image having a trial (an impeachment trial) without the accused being allowed to present evidence, but I get your point.

I saw on the news this morning that McConnel and Shumer are checking to see if the Senate can be brought back into session before the 19th.

I could see them voting without presenting any evidence beyond saying, “everybody knows he’s guilty, let’s vote!”

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump was impeached today for the second time. Yes, there's a lot of politics around it. That's why he was found "not guilty" the last time. McConnell didn't even allow any evidence to be presented. He's still in control of the Senate until Biden's inauguration and the official certification of the two new Democratic Senators from GA. That's being delayed for no good reason. After that, McConnell will no longer be the Majority Leader. With a tie, the VP as President of the Senate gets to choose the new ML. You can be sure it will be a Democrat probably Schumer. But there will be a trial.

• Like Like x 1