1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Will we be vegetarians in the millennial reign of Christ?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 23, 2012.

1. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Yay! I'm glad someone pointed this out! But like I said before, I trust the Lord. He is preparing things now, and it will be great.

So all you professors and doctors of theology stop your arguing. Have nothing to do with doubtful matters. :saint: :tongue3:

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me that please?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

John 16:33. These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

4. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since they (preterist) think Jesus has already returned, a better question to to toss up and down is just when (date) did Jesus return and set up His promised millennial kingdom?

I guess one man's hangnail is another man's armageddon? The Tribulation being an on-going thing.

5. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And where is the verse that has him promising this millennial kingdom?

6. OldRegular

Tom, as you know, I am not a preterist [full] but I am also curious to see that Scripture.

7. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Always a good question for a variety of topics, isn't it?

8. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I will answer that right after you show the scripture that teaches a covenant of works and/or redemption and/or grace!

9. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [offensive language edited] why not impress us with your command of the subject and answer the questions?:

1. Pinpoint the return of Christ in Revelation.

2. Cite the passage where Christ promised a millennial kingdom.

I would think these would be so basic, so fundamental to your Dispensationalism, that you should be able to do it.

#69 kyredneck, Jul 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2012
  10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I am sure this was not addressed to me [kind language edited], I will take a shot at it.

Revelation 19:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

What follows is the destruction of those that gather to make war with God, the resurrection of the martyred of the Tribulation, the Millennial Kingdom, then the Great White Throne.

Of course one would have to accept that Christ is God manifest in the flesh, and that when God made promise to Israel we can say that the Son of God is to be considered as being He Who spoke promise to Israel.

Just as we read that God and the Son of God is Creator.

As far as a verbatim reference, I am afraid I cannot give that, but, seeing that A Kingdom (restored to Israel to be precise) was promised to Israel, and in Revelation 20 we have given us a period of one thousand years in which we see the martyred believers of the Tribulation resurrected and the wicked not resurrected (living again) until the thousand years end, It is fairly easy to put two and two together.

Unless of course it interferes with one's belief system.

Revelation 20

King James Version (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Well, there is quite a bit more to look at to reach a conclusion that there will indeed be a Millennial Kingdom as well as understanding the clarity of Christ's physical return to earth, but again, sometimes a belief system hampers what is plainly written and discernible in scripture.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Tom, I would start this response by asking you to explain the kingdom in view here:

Acts 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

It is unlikely that the "spiritual Kingdom of God" is in view seeing that if we are considering the Church and the introduction of New Covenant promises fulfilled in her, such as the indwelling of God, fulfilled at the coming of the Comforter...then we come into conflict with the kingdom being...restored.

More likely what is in view is that the very kingdom promised which the Disciples at many times indicate by word or action they believe Messiah had come to establish.

In the phrase found here (highlighted)...

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

...it seems fairly obvious that two events are in view. We can reasonably conclude that there are two kingdom s in view, one which the Lord will instruct them concerning (v.3), and one that it is not given to the disciples to know at this time.

What will happen, that the Lord will instruct them concerning, is seen here:

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

If we consider that there are two Kingdoms, rather than one...one being spiritual and one being an earthly fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy, we can easily reconcile some things that seem unclear.

God bless.

12. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Amillennialists never have to worry about this question. :)

13. OldRegular

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::laugh:

14. OldRegular

Actually amillennialism makes eschatology so much simpler. Jesus Christ just comes back, resurrects all the dead, judges them, casts Satan and "his" into the lake of fire, and then all the Saints of all time live with the Triune God throughout eternity; in a New Heavens and New Earth:godisgood:.

No pre-trib rapture with planes falling out of the sky, cars crashing, trains crashing, computers crashing, everything crashing; just like at the turn of the millennium or midnight 2000 AD. And there is much more!

Don't have to worry about getting that Temple built in time, don't have to worry whether the blood sacrifice is a sin offering or a memorial offering. Don't even have to worry about the PETA people!

15. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

No worries. :thumbs: