1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Will you be out witnessing this weekend?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 23, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Evangelist,
    Going from door to door is my way of visitation and telling others about the Gospel. There are many who are better than me, and I am sure some worse. When you say everyone is charged with sharing the Gospel, that is true, but going from door to door is not the only method. I believe someone mentioned to you that one way the love of Christ is shown is through a person whose light shines so brightly they do not have to say a word. The world looks at this person and is so amazed at the person's kindness to others, good attitude, etc, it is like Christ seeping through his pores. The folks come to this kind of person and ask what he or she has.

Some help support spreading the Gospel by fixing meals for the hungry, or giving medical care and shelter to the homeless. There are thousands of ways to tell others about our Savior, Jesus Christ.

3. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I have found great Reformed churches in my area, its that my wife and me are divided on attending one as she refuses to leave the IFB.

4. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell her that the bible allows you to beat her into submission. Oh...wait. OOPS, that's not the bible, that's the Qur'an. My bad.

Maybe you could become Muslim for a day? :D

I do hope you realize I'm just kidding, and it was probably only funny to me.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good .....and so what if you do divide.....whats the big deal. My wife wont even go to church & up here, I cant hardly blame her.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean sick Right. How do you know how stable anyone on here is? Answer is you dont ....you should have pulled your punches. NEXT TIME!

7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fair criticism. Probably a brand of humor best kept to myself. I apologize.

Sorry to Evanelist also

8. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not certain what evidence you are using to support this claim.

9. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Here's the long version. Right on.

10. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mat 5:14-16
    14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
    15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
    16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

1Pe 3:1-2
    Chapter 3
    1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
    2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

1Co 9:14-18
    14 Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the gospel should live of the gospel.
    15 But I have used none of these things:neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto me:for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my glorying void.
    16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of:for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward:but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
    18 What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.

Sounds like a life to me.

Without the word, really, Peter?

Crazy, no?

11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am always witnessing. I live my life in such a way that I present the reality of the risen Christ and the nearness of God to those who are around me. I am a temple of the Holy Spirit and people can have an encounter with God as they interact with me. It is done through actions, attitude and words.

It is not something I have to think about or work up, but rather a manifestation of the fruit of the Spirit in my life. I don’t often intentionally go out to “witness”, but instead naturally invest my life in other people (both churched and unchurched) and spend time with them, building strong relationships. I am Calvinist enough to know that God is in charge of the process, so I don’t feel the need to manipulate anything, just demonstrate the Kingdom of God in word and action.

I leave the conviction to the Holy Spirit, but I do talk to people about their rebellion against God and the prospect of their destruction when Jesus decides to finally and completely obliterate evil.

I don’t pray for revival (as it is usually conceived), because that is something that God does and simply praying for it is too passive. Instead, I work and pray toward discipling people and teaching them to do the things that Jesus has called us to do. When we have people living in the power of the Spirit and doing the things that Jesus did, it will have enormous ramifications upon the wider culture – bringing forth “revival.”

12. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause:

We don't have enough people doing this. I am pleased that you care enough about people to invest your life in them.

13. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Just did....and it has solidified why I'll never even read a FREE book from this nincompoop:

Problem 1.) "If you saw someone who was about to drink deadly poison"..............

Inconsistent with Scripture, that individual has ALREADY drank the "deadly poison" and what you are offering is the antidote to it.

Problem 2.) "Wouldn't there be a sense of urgency to warn him?"......

Given your Calvinism; no, not particularly....whether he is ULTIMATELY warned is important....but if he is one of the "elect", then, it is invariably true that he will be warned sooner or later. The key is whether God will ultimately use YOU....or whether he will use someone else.

My suggestion:
    Read and study when God says to Saul that it repenteth him that he had made him king over Israel, and he has prepared himself a man who is better than thou to be king.....

Given your own Soteriology that you mistakenly think you know anything about, it is indeed important to share the warning, but there is little or no "urgency" to it, inasmuch as the gospel will be shared with the elect one way or the other. This will either be by YOU or someone else.

Problem 3.) "Friendship Evangelism, that NEVER warns people of any danger"

Who said to NEVER warn people of any danger? So-called "Friendship" Evangelism is about FIRST showing you care and being their friend etc....and THEN feeling free to actually warn them as a truly concerned FRIEND about their fate....rather than simply being a deranged stranger screaming at them from a sidewalk.
    This kind of thinking is called the "Fallacy of the extremes" or "Black and White" thinking, and it's erroneous.

Problem 4.) "How can we call ourselves that person's friend, and not warn them?"

You can't....you aren't their "friend" you genius....you just denied the practicality of becoming their "friend" one sentence ago......
    You aren't their "FRIEND" you're a weird dude screaming at and insulting them on a street corner......
    duh....:BangHead:

Problem 5.) "Who do you know who isn't saved?...Why are you hesitating to warn them?"

Same error as above....you DON'T know them....you just refused to get to know and be-friend them calling that a "betrayal of trust" just two sentences ago....
    You just lambasted "Friendship" Evangelism remember???? Again, you are a complete stranger who doesn't know them, nor they you.

Problem 6.) "How would you feel today if he or she were snatched today and gone forever into eternity?"

Provided you understood one fig about your own self-proclaimed "Reformed Theology" Evan.... you should simply answer that by saying that that individual was never one of the "elect" to begin with, and therefore it would have made no ULTIMATE difference whether you or anyone else had ever shared the gospel with them or not.....If they were one of the "elect" than, it is invariably true that the gospel message would have reached them whether you were a party to it or not. Given your obvious expertise in your own Soteriological system :rolleyes: you know full-well that God has already foreordained and decreed the MEANS by which he will reach his own sheep.
    Therefore, it is easily understood that it is entirely possible that the particular MEANS God has ordained...were not to have ever used YOU in the first place, but rather others.

Here's my loving two cents...
    Don't insist your wife "submit" to going to the Church of your choosing just yet....
    She's convinced of where she is attending because it is patently obvious that she knows WAY MORE about why she is there, and what she herself believes than you do.

She isn't listening to you.....
    Because you don't even understand your own Theology. Once you do.....she might be more open to what you have to say.

Right now,
    You sound to her vaguely like some weird guy screaming at her from a street-corner than a loving husband who wisely and patiently teaches and guides her with knowledge and understanding.

#53 Inspector Javert, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2014