1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windows NT HELP!!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Jarthur001, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I have a windows NT machine, that is in a loop of some kind. When you boot the machine, it only boots part way...and then reboots. I know very little about windows. (mac man here) I know even less about DOS. I can't seem to get to the CD drive from DOS. I see no windows c: DIR. I need help very bad. This maybe a phone call type thing. I do have a 800 number if someone has the time.

Thanks...James

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not too up on NT. Can you get into safe mode (if it has one) When booting preess one of the following and see if you can get into setup or safe mode and snoop around and see if you can find anything. F8 F10 Delete. Keep tapping one as it boots. If nothing happens then try one of the others.

Have you installed something recently -hardware or software - uninstall it if you can. If hardware unplug it.

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Not that I can remember what I did, but somehow I got it to work.

Thanks..

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    XP has a limited ability to fix itself when you reboot several times in a row, NT may have the same ability?????

5. preacher

preacher New Member

It may be like 2000, with a "last known good configuration" boot option.

6. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have a lot of experience with XP and 2k pro but NT??? Let me know if you have any more problems.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Have you checked the Event Viewer for errors? If it happened once, it's relatively likely to happen again. Because of its memory architecture, NT 4.0 is particularly susceptible to video driver problems. I've never tried to work with sound drivers in NT 4.0, but I've heard tell that sound drivers are tricky as well.

I worked on NT 4.0 for several years at a previous job, and though it's been a year and a half since then, I can provide more help if needed.