1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Wisconsin Voter ID, Early Voting Law Partially Struck Down By Judge

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 30, 2016.

1. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I don't know about the particular Wisconsin law, but this is the problem with the North Carolina bill:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news... 7/29/16&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Sailthru

can't read it again, and I'm not about to subscribe to that rag but what it said in a nutshell was that the Republicans in NC found out the best ways to suppress the black voter and implemented them - THAT is racist intent, and I actually agree with this decision.

But voter ID is okay, SCOTUS has ruled it so but a law like this is NOT what voter ID is supposed to do IMO - I want it to restore the faith and integrity in American elections, not to disenfranchise anyone.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought I read somewhere that the voter ID laws in NC resulted in more blacks voting in 2014 than in previous years?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, the NC bill was passed in 2013 but it didn't take effect until 2016. Now it never will, but the state legislature can do something about that if they have the time.