1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wise and Foolish Virgins

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by J. Jump, Jul 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I suspect some of the Pharasees did believe and received Christ. I mean they were Jews who believed in the resurrection.

#321 Brother Bob, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  2. standingfirminChrist

We do know at least 2 of the religious leaders of that day did believe in Christ. Nicodemus, who came to Jesus by night; and Joseph of Arimathea who was one who allowed his own grave to be used as a temporary burial place for the Lord (although he did not know it would be temporary... or did he? if he was a believer, then He had heard the Lord speaking of being the resurrection and also that He would raise the temple in three days).

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

That sounds great, but according to Jesus the kingdom hadn't come yet.

Luke 21:31
    31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Well part of it was here within them and the other part was in Heaven at rest waiting for the last day, but the time was at hand when all things both in Heaven and earth shall come together in one.
    I don't argue that the complete Kingdom is yet to come. "The Kingdom is within you ",that is your part of the Kingdom. There are others besides you and I and it will be all complete some day. Matter of fact He said to not measure the outer court for that is given unto the Gentile.

I still believe Jesus when He said the Kingdom is within you, don't you believe Him?

All you got is Rev: 20 and if you can't win your 1000 years on that chapter then you are in trouble is all I know.

#324 Brother Bob, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Bob Revelation 20 is not the only place we see mention of the kingdom. The kingdom truth is spread throughout the entire Bible. But if you are going to deny something that is so obvious there is no need in going further with you and laying things out in the OT and building the foundation.

It would be a waste of time, becuase you aren't going to believe it anyway. You'll come up with some excuse that it can't be so.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Its just I would be interested in knowing where the 1000 years is mentioned somewhere else in the Bible and thought you could help me.

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I would be thrilled to help you if you had shown any interest whatsoever in studying the matter out, but all you have done is mock what little Scripture we have shown you, so there really is not point in going any further.

Is there any further meantions of 1,000 years. I don't think so, but when you compare Scripture with Scripture it really is virtually impossible to miss what is being spoken of. The Word of the Kingdom really begins in Genesis 1 and then the thread just works its way through the entire Bible just about building on top of the foundation laid in the opening chapter of Genesis and the first few verses of Genesis 2.

If you are sincerely interested then PM and I'll be more than happy to share with you offline.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Yea, but when Jesus says the Kingdom is within you then you don't want to hear that part of it.

9. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

See this is exactly what I'm talking about. You can't even get past this verse right here, but you want me to waste my time explaining to you throughout Scripture about the kingdom, when you are telling me this verse right here is going to cause you to disbelieve anyway? Sorry, but I'm not going to play that game with you.

This verse has already been explained to you, and if you step way from your idea that the KJV was guarded from error by God then we could probably get a lot more accomplished. But you are placing your trust in the ability of man to correctly translate God's perfect words instead of going back and seeing what God actually said.

See that's what people fail to realize about communication. If I write a letter to my mom in English and for some reason she wants to send it to a friend in France as soon as she translates the English into French that letter no longer becomes my words, but they are a translation of my words. That is very different than my original words. Now the letter is probably going to be very close, but it is not the original words it a translation of the original words.

We have a great many translations, but we should also go back to the original langauages and then use a number of the tools that God has given us so that He can teach us His Truth.

But I'll get off my soap box now :wavey:

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am becoming afraid to comment if you read that and took it as a threat.

The tools you speak of are other translators.

11. His Blood Spoke My Name

Brethren,

I thought this thread was about the Wise and the Foolish Virgins. Are'nt we getting a little heated and a little off topic?

You should open a thread about the Kingdom. But first pray and ask God to control your spirits.

12. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, does this mean that you're willing to accept one contradiction? Isn't one verse enough for you to know that if there's an apparent contradiction, then you need to find out why?

The Kingdom is mentioned a couple hundred times in the NT. It's defined as 1000 years in one place, and defined as lasting an "age" in many others. That's good enough for me.

Besides, these translators that you seem to find infallible even left the note that said "Among You". Since you seem to esteem their work at the same level as God's own word, why do you only accept one phrase that they left and not the other?

13. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Since the parable of the wise and foolish virgins is about the Kingdom, why open a different thread?

14. His Blood Spoke My Name

In reading through the many posts, I see grievous error from both Bob and Jump.

The Kingdom, dear Brethren, is not divided. There is no split. When Christ was speaking of the kingdom in Luke 17, He was telling those hearing that the kingdom of heaven was in their midst... yet they did not see it.

Jesus was referring to Himself in the midst of them and yet they were blind to who He truly was. Jesus is the only Way into the kingdom, none other. He was trying to reveal this to them.

I also see what I feel is a haughty spirit in some of the posts. Phrases like "How can I teach anyone Greek when they don't even comprehend English?" and then posting words in Greek and Hebrew is foolish. The Greek is not English. Not all have a 'college knowledge,' and not all need to go through seminary for the Lord to use them and to reveal truths from His Holy Word to them. It is arrogant to think one is wrong just because one does not see something the same as a professor taught another.

Paul did not receive His revelation from man, man's stinking way of thinking, or some fancy college that charges for teaching you what they think the Bible means. Paul received his knowledge from the Holy Spirit.

I am open to receiving teaching from all, but it is the Holy Spirit that is the one who truly points to Christ. He does not lift self up at all.

15. His Blood Spoke My Name

The kingdom of heaven that the parable is likened to is not the millenial kingdom that is being discussed on these last couple pages and therefore is totally off topic.

The kingdom of heaven is God's rule. The millenial kingdom is Christ's rule.

16. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

MILLENNIUM

Millennium means 1,000, and refers to the 1,000 years mentioned in Re 20:2-7. This is the glorious earthly kingdom Jesus Christ will establish upon His return, the kingdom foretold by O.T. prophets. Christ's kingdom will not end at the conclusion of the 1,000 years, but will continue forever (Isa 9:7).

The Millennial reign is only one phase to Christ's eternal rule:

And there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria; like as it was to Israel in the day that he came up out of the land of Egypt. (Isaiah 11:16)

And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away. (Isaiah 35:10)

Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time. (Isaiah 60:21-22)

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. (Daniel 7:27)

For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: Afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the LORD their God, and David their king; and shall fear the LORD and his goodness in the latter days. (Hosea 3:4-5)

In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old: (Amos 9:11)

Way of Life Encyclopedia

#336 Linda64, Jul 12, 2006
  17. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

God is going to give Christ rulership over the earth, which comes in two forms. It comes from a physical rule on the earth and then it comes from a spiritual rule from the heavens.

The physical kingdom has already been promised to Israel and it will be fulfilled in the future. What Christ was doing was offering the opportunity to rule with Him from the heavens where Satan and his angels are currently ruling.

He will rule from the throne of His father David in Jerusalem and He will removed Satan from power and rule in his stead from the heavens and all of this will happen during the 1,000-year period.

After that period the kingdom will be given back to God and the throne will become the throne of God and the Lamb and God will move to the new earth where He will dwell amongst His people throughout eternity.

18. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Correct. It is the last age before humans step into eternity.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) will rule throughout eternity on the throne of God and the Lamb.

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

1 Corinthians 15:24 tells us that he will deliver the Kingdom to the Father at the end of his rule. How

In the Hebrew, the word "owlam" is used for a limited period of time (but many make the association with "forever") and "no end" is from a word that does not mean "limitless", but to the end of a defined area (or time) as viewed by the subject.

In the LXX, for "for ever" is the Greek noun "aion", which is specifically "age". Guess what? It's singular.

Although there are some who think that in spite of the fact that the Greek has an expression for "forever", that ages (plural) can mean forever. I have rarely encountered someone who knows Greek who thinks that "age" (singular) can mean such.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Is not even Scripture.

Nothing to do with a 1000 year reign but says forever. Christ sits on David's Throne and that is forever. If you don't think He is already King then I don't know what to say, and if you don't believe His Kingdom already exists what more can be said. You are like the Pharasees looking for a natural Kingdom. Sorry, they were left out and if you not careful so will you be.

#340 Brother Bob, Jul 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.