1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Witnessing !

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bruren777, Jun 5, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

A neighbor was telling me how he was "bothered by the news of religions at war with and killing each other". I explained to him that those weren't Christians, they don't go to war with and kill other just because they don't believe in the same things.

I further explained that Christians are not to sin, but because we aren't perfect we do sin. However we have a kind, compassionate Father, He will forgive us if we go to Him and confess and ask His forgiveness He is faithful and just to forgive us.

I said, however that dosen't give us freedom to willingly and continually sin.

He didn't say anything, so I just left it at that, I thought I would let him consider what I said and maybe there would be another oppurtunity to witness to to him.

About a month later he brought the subject up again. This time he was really agitated, he raised his voice, his face became red and his eyes were bulging. I thought he may have had a demon in him, not being astute in that area I didn't know how to determine that, nor casting demons out. Casting demons out should be left to a person who knows exactly what they are doing, it can be very dangerous if one dosen't.

My neighbor apolgized and told me that he had been raised as a Lutheran and that he didn't have a good experience, that is why he dosen't want anything to do with religion or God. I decided to leave it alone.

I prayed to God to turn my neighbor around, so it's in His hands. If my neighbor wants to talk about God I'll be there. [​IMG]

2. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

It sounds like God is working on his heart. I'm glad there is a Christian he can turn to. My prayers will be with you.