1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Woke teachers...

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Reynolds, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are so many supposedly fundamental pastors so tolerant of the Lifeway material by woke folk like Mat Chandler? I can't believe how many supposedly conservative churches use junk by Chandler and the Woke bunch.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe just tired of having to go against the tide of the liberal mob and culture?

3. Will7

Will7 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bring up a good question. Do you think it is because the material is good and they don't really follow the man? I'm not sure. I noticed that he was woke only a week ago and didn't really know his stances on certain topics. It's truly sad.

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really don't know. I think it's they just don't want to go to the trouble to take a stand. Do what's easy.

5. Will7

Will7 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a fair point.

I think another reason that it might be the case is because some pastors don't want to do the study and just use others material.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I definitely think many don't want to put the work in. The pastor at my old church went on a mini rant ,Sunday in his sermon, about people wanting him to preach deep and people wanting him to do a prophetic study. Then he insulted them for daring make such a request. He gladly allows Matt Chandler materials to be used.

7. Will7

Will7 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya that is rather unfortunate that the pastor did that.

I'm all for using material that has been done but I think it depends on how it's done. The small group setting seems to be a fine way to do it but when it's all you do for sermons... I think it can become a problem. People can become lazy and allow someone else shepherd the people... and if they aren't careful and don't go through the material... they could allow false doctrines into the church.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the reasons why I did not pursue a seminary education and full time ministry was because I lacked the commitment to be always faithful to the words in the Bible, and God's people, even when I was personally adrift. I look back at it now as having found a loophole, but I should have at least put in the time, got the degree. One of my professors at a well known Bible College tried to keep me on track, I didn't listen.

My question is, is it easy to stay at a high level of commitment when one is letting the situations of life control things? I think not. I believe I could have been a sincere pastor all these years but at the deepest level, would I have been able to give it my all all the time? Not really sure. I think as I look back, I think we don't want to separate the man in the pulpit from the task at hand, we see our own shortcomings and we don't want to be critical and after a while we get used to doctrinal drift. Rick Warren, in a promo for his Sirius XM program, sounds sincere and is SBC, but is he totally committed to the gospel? And what does the SBC have to say about him? I know a lot of people committed to a denomination or local assembly, they profess faith but the denomination is off in neverland and probably not coming back.

If, if, if. If we in the pews have the desire to really know the Word of God more fully it would be harder for a leader or teacher to feed us anything less than a full course meal. In my current understanding of things, as believers we should try not to be easily offended but if a number of those in the camp meeting want more and the pastor is unwilling then time to move on. There are good solid teaching materials out there on the market, find them and use them.

• Agree Agree x 1