1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Women in Politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cutter, May 5, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Get a hold on yourself! The post wasn't a slam against women nor a glorification of men. It was instead a recognition of God's wonderful design of both men and women and how it relates to the roles we should typically play in life. His design was perfect. He did complement one with the other. They are truly different - physically, emotionally, and in fundamental purposes. The common thread is glorifying Him. It's a bold statement of the truth that not very many people can handle because it conflicts with mankind's view of how things ought to be. It goes right back to the creation and follows through the historical record. We chose to ignore all that and, as men, have become fearful of being accused of being sexist for proclaiming the truth and as women, we have become tricked into thinking womanhood is unimportant unless we operate in all the roles of men. Therefore we have men and women who abdicate their roles and seek after other things. The problem is with both sexes - not just one - and the solution is a recognition of God's design and a refocus upon it in all aspects of life from the home to the church to the civil government.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As Christians we say we follow Jesus and his teachings. Show me where Jesus said women should not serve in government. Thanks in advance.

3. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

This all sounds well and good, but at the end of the day this whole concept is a slam against women. Check out what the op says about women not being gifted for the kinds of decision making that is necessary in the political arena.

That is disgusting and sad; the worst kind of generalization. This does not at all seem to be God's design, as God gifts everyone in unique ways. I'm a man who is an elementary school music teacher. I may not be tough like John Wayne or something, but I can teach music to young children. That's not something you see a whole lot of men doing.

Let's be honest. Manhood and womanhood is important and distinct, but let's not read more into the issue than really is there. This sort of idea is completely extra-biblical and does not fit the trajectory of God's plan for gender. We have to remember there are few female leaders in the Bible because women were considered property - often something valuable only as a commodity. Thankfully, we have moved way beyond that now, but evidently, we still have a way to go. I pray in my lifetime this sexist tint over biblical interpretation will be eradicated in evangelicalism. It's time.

4. Cutter

Cutter New Member

No, my friend, no hatred here. This is the type of response you get, even from those in the faith, when you state the truth of God's divine order of things. Just another sign of how far we as a society have deviated from the truth and how that slander is often the first weapon used by liberal folks who choose to please men instead of God. Nice shot PIJ, but the charge did not stick.

5. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Why? Please enlighten us as to what women in power and Gov't have contributed to the masses during our time.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm off today. I'm spending the day with my folks, going to their house later, and going to a prayer service at their church with them at noon.

I have no idea at all why I am responding to this. It will be of no avail.

I just want to tell you this, Cutter. It isn't what you say when I read your posts, it's HOW you say it. I've tried to tell you that at least three other times in three other completely different threads. I even quoted you yesterday and tried to point out how your words can be poorly chosen.

Are you doing this on purpose? I don't know what else to think except that you do things like this on purpose?

I have a few questions to ask you about your post, but I will not be back today to read anything. The devil is trying to take my focus off of this day of prayer and this day that I am going to spend with my parents in prayer. That's one of the reasons that I am upset by my getting upset with this thread.

You don't have to answer any of my questions. If I come back tomorrow, I seriously will probably not even read this thread at all.

If you choose to believe that women should not be in politics and that men turn into pansies when a woman holds an office of any kind, then that is your business.

But please, PLEASE, PLEASE, find a more mature and Christ-like way to express yourself.

You don't have to degrade a woman to exalt a man.

Since you believe that women have done a "great" disservice to our country when becoming involved in politics, then I can only assume that you have MANY, MANY examples of this over the course of the last 100 or so years.

I'll be content if you will cite just 25 of those examples of how we have disrupted the "sovereignty" of the United States and how women have damned the "resolve of the Republic." I'm a history teacher, you know. Twenty-five examples will be sufficient. You don't have to list all ones that you have.

Men and women are different. Our brains are wired differently.

Different does NOT mean strong vs. weak.

Could you cite those skills, preferably from the Bible, where God has gifted women with "home only" skills and has NOT gifted us with anything else?

Women are empowered with great organizational skills, that's clear from Proverbs 31. That's not a good quality of being a mayor or a judge?

I don't call that being female.

I call that being a Democrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please cite ........ oh, I'll give you a break here .......please cite just 10 examples of women in politics who could not think fast on their feet and make a call about something difficult and it led to the damnation of the resolve of our nation.

You've made a blanket statement here about men and women, so you must have an arsenol FULL of examples.

I'll guarantee you this. For every woman that you list, I can list a man who crumbled, too.

Please cite just FIVE historical examples of how a female judge or a female deputy sheriff or a female Congressmen has led to the emasculation of American men and as you say, have collasped the sovereignty of our nation.

I'd like some specific names, the decisions that they made, and the names of the men that they emasculated.

Great Scott, Cutter, do you hear yourself?????

I would pray and hope that there would NEVER be a male judge or nor a male Congressman or a male sheriff that would totally and completely dismiss how the effects of the decision-making would effect women.

I could NEVER vote for a man (or a woman for that matter) who totally and completely dismissed me as a person and only thought of how his decisions affected men.

How does a man taking into consideration the views of women, the needs of women, and the needs of children, cats, dogs, black people, hispanic people....etc....

.....how does this make him a "pansy"?

How does this make him "weak"?

How does this make him "pathetic"?

I don't understand.

But I know this. I've been on the Baptist Board long enough to know that I will not change your mind or the way that you choose to express yourself.

It's 8:03 am and I have a very important day of prayer ahead. I'm sorry that I have wasted the last 20 minutes on this and I won't be back today to read any of this thread.

I'm sorry that you view women so lightly and that you view men so easily manipulated.

But most of all, I am sorry that I even turned my stupid computer on this morning.

7. Cutter

Cutter New Member

You are the best evidence yet of why women should not be trusted and placed in decision making positions. You sound hysterical. Your words are about 10 to 1 more than a man could have used to say the same thing. You have to tell what your plans are for the day, not only once but a couple of times. You ask yourself why you are even responding to this and also mention that you probably won't even be back to read the thread. Why bother then? You keep mentioning that you have tried this and tried that with me, further evidence that a woman possesses a certain rehabilitative nature. You talk like this little thread may ruin your day, geez, just like a woman. Get over it and don't take things so personal. Then you want to assign me some type of test designed to persuade a woman that what a man says is the truth. Then you finish up with I'm sorry. The surest sign of weakness. Why be sorry if you indeed meant everything you said. Thank for proving my points better than I could. :thumbs:

8. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Margaret Thatcher comes to mind immediately.

9. Cutter

Cutter New Member

You apparently have a problem reading. Please reread the quote that you assigned to me and proceed if you wish, if not, I understand.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indira Ghanda
    Golda Meir
    Elisabeth Domitien
    Margaret Thatcher
    Maria de Lourdes Pintasilgo
    Mary Eugenia Charles
    Gro Harlem Brundtland
    Milka Planinc
    Benazir Bhutto
    Kazimiera Danutë Prunskienë
    Khaleda Zia
    Edith Cresson
    Hanna Suchocka
    Kim Campbell
    Sylvie Kinigi

and many more.....................

11. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm gonna state this as fact and just leave it where it is. I think you're a troll and you don't actually believe the positions you post, rather you enjoy inciting controversy.

I'm openly challenging you to show me where, in Scripture, there is any mention of how only men should serve in civil government.

I will also challenge you to go back, to Scripture, and show your case for every statement you made in the OP.

Ah yes, the ole if you don't agree with me you're a liberal line of ignorant, uninformed, ridiculous engagement. Nice to see you're imitating others around here.

I personally believe we are a better, stronger society when all are welcomed at the table of social discussion. We are stronger because we allow women to speak and work hard to accomplish things for good in our society. Your desire is to remove ourselves backwards to the gender specific, myopic (imho) leadership of a patriarchal autocracy. That is not what we need in our world.

12. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Why, oh why do you guys keep posting names. Do you not see that I asked not for names but for contributions made by women. Please take the time to read the questions first.

13. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Sorry to burst your bubble my friend, but I do believe in everything I say on here. If we live close enough to each other maybe we can meet over lunch sometime. The quote that I listed above from you is another one of the socially acceptable tenets of the new world order. Diversity does not strengthen us as you have been brainwashed to believe.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Because I do not have time to list the contributions as the moment. If you are really interested and have the time do a search on each name and read their contributions.

Here is an example:

You can read the contributions of numerous women politicians at this link.

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Mrs Thatcher, for one, partnered with President Reagan to tear down the Iron Curtain. Her book Statecraft is one of the most insightful books on the modern political world that I have ever read.

#35 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  16. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

There have not been many women to make significant positive contributions. That's not the point. They haven't been allowed to serve as men until recently. My guess is that there will be more capable women in the forefront in the near future.

Thatcher would be a great example of one that has contributed significantly.

17. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stupid. OP should be embarrassed.

18. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I do my best to be fair and respond carefully and thoughtfully, but this attitude you describe here is infuriating. It's the worst kind of political tactic. And political tactics don't have any place here. Some people need to listen to a different radio station.

This is a brilliant, more coherent restatement of my position. Great job.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Like her or not Angela Merkel is doing a tremendous job of leading Germany through turbulent times. I don't know the name of the woman political leader in Chile but her leadership during the recent earthquake was exemplary.

#39 NaasPreacher (C4K), May 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2010
  20. Mississippi John

I'm in total agreement with you guys ! :thumbsup: