1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Women wearing head Coverings

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 17, 2014.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    prophet, me "tinks" you missed the point however..., some of 'dem wheelchairs are quite elaborate. As for me, I wouldn't care where she parked it.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My guess is that someone that has hats, coverings and the like foremost on their mind in the array of Christian thought, they have not told anyone about Jesus for years.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What about those of us who have no husband? Who is our authority? Should we wear some type of head covering? I do have hair btw :tongue3:

4. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What about those of us who have no husband? Who is our authority? Should we wear some type of head covering? I do have hair btw

Amy G., as you have no husband you might find yourself in a situation should you happen to visit the wrong church. :tongue3: Might find youse-self relegated to the last pew..., over on the far left side..., with a lot of whispering going on all around you.

But it's good to hear you've still got hair. I don't know where mine went but I'm still looking for it. :thumbsup:

5. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

I believe we are all equal in Christ, and that the head covering shows submission to the husband. Since most churches do not weigh too heavy on this, the head covering is abandoned. Others have assumed that the woman's hair is her covering, since it is for her glory (11:15). Yet, the southern churches have all women wear coverings, and those women limit their heads being covered for church and not at all times, which we should be ready for prayer at all times, so shouldn't the head always be covered?

However, I wonder how much of this is in reference to the Jewish customs and the Law. Jewish women cover their heads after marriage, even today. The Law had women shave their heads if caught in adultery, so they would also wear a head covering, thus comparing the uncovered head to the adulteress (11:6). What has changed, though, is the Jewish men's practice of praying with a head covering. Even Jewish boys wore head coverings, and continue this practice today.