1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Word of knowledge

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by mima, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mima

mima New Member

What exactly is a "word of knowledge"? Have you every experienced a word of knowledge? Would this be something like a unction?

2. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

It's hogwash! everything we need to know is in God's word the bible. just another way the charismatics try and bring glory to themselves and not God!

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'm having a Pat Robertson word of knowledge right now. Yes...someone out there is asking what a "word of knowledge is and if anyone has experienced it".

Amazing, ain't it?

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I'm sure it has occurred to everybody that the world of knowledge heresy closely resembles the Gnostic heresy of the first century.

6. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

One thing I will say for Frenchy is that she don't mince words. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Would that be like God telling you something and you just know without a doubt it's true? You feel it in your spirit? If so then yes I have. Whenever it happens it is always true too. I think it might be just being sensitive to the Holy Spirit, which I try to be, not sure.

8. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

No it's like these guys like Pat Robertson, who go on TV or before a huge church and "GUESS" something about someone which is random and will likely FIT someone out there. No different than these scam artist physco's you see on tv.

What you are discribing Rachel is real and from the Holy Spirit, and Romans has a lot to say about that.

That's right Brother Bob, thats the choleric side of my personality comming out. i do mean well though [​IMG]

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I've had that experience several times. Whether or not that's a "word of knowledge" is something I wouldn't know.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If 6 billion people heard me say anything it would probably apply to at leasst one person.