1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

worlds most vaccinated nation reintroduces curbs as cases surge

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Scott Downey, May 5, 2021.

  1. Scott Downey

    Scott Downey Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2019
    Messages:
    3,782
    Likes Received:
    669
    Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    World’s Most Vaccinated Nation Reintroduces Curbs As Cases Surge (bloombergquint.com)

    35% of the new cases are people who have been vaccinated, so maybe their vaccine is not really a vaccine that works. You have read what they are saying, 100 - 65 is 35.

    Seychelles, World's Most Vaccinated Nation, Sees Rise in COVID-19 Cases, Announces Fresh Restrictions (yahoo.com)

    Seychelles Public Health Commissioner Jude Gedeon said that nearly 65 percent of the active COVID-19 cases were those who have not been vaccinated or have received only one dose. that leaves the rest, 35% were vaccinated but still got covid infections. "There are currently 1,068 active cases numbers, among which 84 percent are Seychellois and 16 percent are foreigners," she was further quoted by the Seychelles News Agency as saying. Seychelles Central to India's Vision of Security, Growth for Indian Ocean Region: PM Modi.
     
  2. Paul from Antioch

    Paul from Antioch Active Member

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2021
    Messages:
    474
    Likes Received:
    41
    Faith:
    Baptist
    How's that for a shot in the arm??!!:Cautious:Cautious:Biggrin:Biggrin:rolleyes::rolleyes::Whistling:Whistling:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep:Sleep
     
  3. Martin Marprelate

    Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2010
    Messages:
    6,746
    Likes Received:
    1,687
    Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote from the article:
    'Other nations that have vaccinated large portions of their populations have seen Covid cases plunge. In the U.K., where 52% of people have a first dose, cases are down 96% from a recent high in January. In Israel, where 60% have had at least one dose, new cases are down 99%.'

    I would say that there are two points about the Seychelles' experience. Firstly, it has a tiny population, and so may not be typical of much larger countries, and secondly, more than half the vaccinations have been with the Chinese vaccine which the Chinese themselves admit is only around 50% effective.
     
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

    JonC Moderator
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2001
    Messages:
    21,402
    Likes Received:
    2,442
    Faith:
    Baptist
    That is what I was thinking (the 1st part). It has less than 100,000 people. It seems odd to use it as an example of anything (good or bad) given the percentage a small number would represent.
     
  5. Van

    Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2011
    Messages:
    18,231
    Likes Received:
    554
    Faith:
    Baptist
    It is almost as if the data is mined, and selectively cited to support fear mongering.

    What is the percentage of USA people who have caught Covid 19, two or more weeks after being fully vaccinated?
     
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Hackberry

    Hackberry New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2021
    Messages:
    15
    Likes Received:
    2
    Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that the Seychelles' experience provides data that the Chinese vaccine is a lot less than 50% effective.
     
  7. Van

    Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2011
    Messages:
    18,231
    Likes Received:
    554
    Faith:
    Baptist
    If 41% of the USA population has been fully vaccinated, and only 88 fully vaccinated people have died, the percentage it seems is less than 0.00001%. Thus more than 90% the 579 K deaths would have been prevented if those who died have been fully vaccinated with USA approved vaccines two or more weeks before they got the virus.

    People trying to create a reluctance to get vaccinated are fear mongers, in my opinion.
     
Loading...