1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Worship Leader Search

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by BCF Jeff, Mar 19, 2007.

1. BCF Jeff

BCF Jeff New Member

Here's a question for you experienced pastors out there. I am just starting in a church that lost there previous pastor to cancer. After his passing the entire staff resigned feeling the need to grieve and move on with their lives.

I have been able to find a new secretary and a talented, spirit-filled youth director, however, I am finding it extremely difficult finding a qualified worship leader. I have received a couple resumes and interview three men. Each man either took and extreme worship style (extremely traditional or contemporary only.)

Is there a resource for finding a qualified candidates for worship leader. (read music minister)

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

no offense to the guys here, but it has been my experience that women are often more competent than men in this area ( ;) ) and tend to not have the same ego issues that some (note I said "some" male musicians have. (Ok, throw the 'maters at me...)

I really dont mean that to sound bad, but most of the male musicians I have known in churches and even in seminary had issues.

#2 TaterTot, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  3. BCF Jeff

BCF Jeff New Member

This may be true, however, I need to get help finding candidates.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Have you checked local colleges/seminaries for maturemusic students? There was always a list of positions posted in our BSU at college and in the halls at seminary.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

[hijack] Brilliant post...you know why, tater?

If any guys take offense, it proves your point!

:laugh: :laugh:
    [/hijack]

6. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

:saint:

(my apologies for almost hijacking the thread)

7. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

I don't want to sound dumb, but what is a worship leader? What are the qualifications of a "worship leader"?

8. BCF Jeff

BCF Jeff New Member

I suppose that depends on who you ask. In the NT there is not a passage outlining worship leaders as to what their responsibilties and qualifications would be. However as this was my thread I will define the specific of my search.

We are seeking a man whom loves the Lord and sensitive to His leadership, has a good reputation both in and out of church, displays leadership skilss, and has develooped his skills in the areas of music leadership. We are not looking for someone to be the "opening act' before preaching OR SOMEONE WHO IS PUSH AN AGENDA.