1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Would A Christian been justified To shoot the Joker killer?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

its the SAME God in both the Old and new Testaments, correct? So if allowed in OT, would that be same way in the new?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering that the New Testament is constantly quoting the Old Testament...yes.

The difference being, whether you rely on the law for your salvation; or you recognize that it's God identifying those things that He finds good (but knowing that even if we could somehow manage to keep every single law, all our righteousness would still be as filthy rags).

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. One cannot love his neighbor as himself and allow his neighbor to innocently fall victim to a violent malefactor. It would have been a sin NOT to shoot.

4. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Aaron, I agree with you. For a believer that carries, it is a great responsibility - not to act in vengeance, but in defense of others.

There are many that don't understand - and can't reconcile following after a loving Savior with the possible need for lethal action in defense of others. I am one who knows the pain of having made that decision several years ago.

But borrowing a line from "a few good men," I would say that "my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives!"

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF you were the secret service, and any president was targeted to be shot, could a christian shoot his Uzi in order to stop the president from being shot?